Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / bsp in dbpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i made a simple map in cs and the bsp converter seemed to work well (view map looked good). im not sure what to do now to get it into a game - all ive achieved so far is a green screen . do i need a pk3 file? and if so how do i make one. also what do i do with the -lm.x file made by cs?

any help will be great,

thanks
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 16:52
Well the green bit would be the backdrop most probably. Try moving around the map to find it - I've found HL maps are TINY - maybe that's why you can't see them.

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
madcaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm i did find it but it was mostly grey - i put the lightmap file on top of it but its still grey with white lines - if i get really close to a wall i can just see the texture.. o well i know im not the only prson havin trouble with bsp maps!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 21:41
Ah,. I've just realised - CS as in CShop, not Counter strike!

Well firstly you can leave the -lm.x alone as it's no use here - BSP's don't support lightmaps.

And finally, I've had problems with the bsp texture messing up and only showing when close - with me it was more of a "fog" look. Have you used set bsp camera? Does that help?

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
madcaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
well set bsp camera doesnt seem to make much difference - i still get a grey block. thx for the advice i'll keep trying
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 03:51
I strongly suggest that u master Qaurke 6.3. This will give you an entity editor, shadow maps, substantial 3D layout.

Of course u will need q2 , q3 or rtcw to get going but it is worth it?

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2003 03:53
As for pak files...

Quarke 6.3 WIL help you develope the media layout in a temprary dir. Simply cut them out and place into pak scape to compile your work...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:32:40