Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / streak distortions - view image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 03:36
Hi,
Does anyone know how to prevent these annoying streaks from appearing across the top of the screen. I dont know yet if it's a bsp thing or to do with DBpro. I created the bsp from a Quark map and compiled using zoner HL tools. I pasted the image below:

Does anyone have the solution?
JD
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 04:52
does it happen in the pro editor, or anywhere else in windows? it could be your monitor...

Darken the skies, we are god
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 14:29
That's not Pro's fault - look carefully at the image, it's ONLY distorted on the same line that your Norton firewall globe appears! Infact it's the exact same height. Try hiding it?!

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 14:55
It's quite strange QtR. It happens when I run it as an executable and also from within the editor. There no problem when running the bsp from within Half-Life, so it must be to do with DBpro itself.

The program is compiled as a Normal exe / Fullscreen windowed mode. The bsp is reading HL wad files (until I create my own).

I'll upload the files + source code to my "slightly dyfunctional" website if you or anyone else wants to see if it happens on your system. At the moment, its an incomplete and basic computer room, so don't expect your jaw to drop to the floor in amazement!

(I'll add the link in my next posting)

Vital statistics: PC)P4 2.8 GHz, DDR 256 MB. Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 SE, WinXP. Monitor) Samsung syncMaster 753df.

JD
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 15:11
Doh!!!

That was it! Many thanks Rich

JD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:51:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:51:24