Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer Capabilities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just downloaded the demo of dark basic and from what I can tell so far it looks to be pretty simple but powerful. I have a question about making a multiplayer game. When you make a multiplayer game, does dark basic only let you do peer to peer or can you do game where you have a server and clients connect into it? I really want to do my own game and I think this program is my answer. I figure I’ll have to learn a lot but I do quite a bit of visual basic programming so I hope it won’t be that much of a stretch to dark basic.
CoCoTower
Years of Service
User Offline
DB supports P2P *and* client/server connections. Read the command instructions under the Multiplayer menu. You'll see that the code 1 means P2P and code 2 means Client/Server for the 'set connection' command, if I'm not mistaken.

Super Teo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 11:29
There is a tutorial about making a small 2d multiplayer game here: http://www.db-pro.co.uk/index.htm
Might help if you have some issues with it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:19:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:19:20