Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / character help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all, this has probably been asked and answered before but i cant find it !!! Anyway I have made a custom charater, animated it sorted out the textures and the FPE file + but the lot in the correct entites folder.

when i load FPSC i can place the new charater and in perview mode i can see the charater BUT when i test the game the charater is invisable!! it still runs araound a shoots and can be shoot with blood splatters ect.

can someone please let me know what im doing wrong, iv checked to make sure that the transparancy is set to 0 but still not visable charater in game???

cheers
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 18:16
SOmething to do with textures.

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 00:55 Edited at: 14th Dec 2005 00:55
I presume that the character is indeed in the level as you can see the blood splatters. To check that the character exists - can you collide with the character entity?

If you can confirm yourself the character entity actually exists then your probelm is confirmed as probably being one of the texture being incorrectly set up.

Given that the texture alpha is not making the entity 100% transparent then try using a different setting on the transparency factor in the setting in editor in the entities properties dialogue box - try a setting of 2 or another.

You may need to check the entities script file and perhaps even delete the entities .bin and .dbo files occasionally to get any changes to show up in test run.

Custom characters themselves can be somewhat problematical behaving in various erratic ways as FPSC is very particular, fussy and unkind to users when trying to use custom made characters.

In theory it is possible - in practice very difficult so it seems and much success is dependant upon the model file description and how it matches with FPSC file description understanding or requirement for characters.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:45:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:45:14