Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New to the community

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have just purchased my copy of FPS and I look forward to getting to know the community better. I have been lurking here for about a week and notice a nice mix of opinions about everything.

Being new to FPS and the community; it would be helpful to know whos who in here. I am having a hard time distinguishing between the application developers and helpful members of the community.

About Me:

I'm in my mid 40s and work as an IT professional for a large manufacturing company. I came across FPS while looking for a Christmas gift for my oldest son. I was impressed with the simplicity that FPS had to offer. After looking at the product for a day or two I found that I wanted to start developing, for myself. So... here I am.

I have never developed a game and any advice to getting started would be greatly appreciated. I am a WWII buff at heart and very excited to build my first WWII FPS game.

William
aka: Dog from.. http://www.windreaper.org
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdie

I'm Vlad, just a user of FPSC.

Regarding distinguishing devs from customers, it's fairly easy: developers of TGC rarely appear on these boards. I personally never saw one writing here.

That does not mean you won't get a helpful hand. Many of FPSC users are skilled in many areas and with time you'll starting noticing who's who and who does what.

Well, advices to get started... Since you seem to be taking this project very lightly (which is good in my opinion), test one thing at the time, and make your levels from simple to complex, adding things here and there until you feel enough is enough and it looks, well "cool".

Good luck, feel free to stop by and ask for a hand here and there.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 20:41
Wilbkr1,

Welcome to you.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:09
Howdy Doody!

(I am Crazy)
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:15 Edited at: 13th Dec 2005 23:17
And your name is merranvo.

If the person has "user" under there name and avatar, they are just a helpfull (don't quote me on that) comunity member. If they have something like, "TGC Head Devekoper", they are a, well, developer. If they have "mod", DON'T PISS THEM OFF!

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:23
And if they have a Kenny Avatar, post "You Bastards".
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 23:23
Yup!

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:47:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:47:03