Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Official V1 PATCH coming anytime soon?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 09:35
Hey you guys!

You may have missed me. I took a break from these forums to do a bit of work on FPSC making short demos.

Anyway, I really want a V1 patch to appear like... now... or a couple of weeks maybe. Because it is really buggy and making an actual game is impossible.

And it must have a save game thing. And improve multiplayer MASSIVLY so we can have like 30 people in a game. And run custom servers so theyre not powered by TGC but by our own. I have a reseller account at servelocity at the mo and I would love to try it out there!

Anyway I WANT A PATCH OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

From Mark.

~M1RKD1RK~
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 10:40
I doubt you'll see any sort of patch before the new year - there is still no official word on what the plans are, hopefully someone from TGC will nip in soon and let us know.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 10:47
Well, as long as they're actually making one, I'll let them take thwir time, you don't want bugs in the bug fixes!

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

DigiDesign Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 14:32
Yeh lol.

My top 5 bugs to be fixed:

1. Bits of floor appearing in mid air after tring to make a staircase. I will make a post about this later.
2. Enemys able to walk through CORNERS of locked doors, bypassing the security.
3. Sound zones too quiet, yet ambient sounds on entitys too loud.
4. AI being stupid, allowing me to walk str8 past them and they just look at me (i think its cos they have no ammo)
5. And my personal favourite - sometimes enemys can float in air while going up a stair case.

Thats mine.

~M1RKD1RK~
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2005 17:36
Seems like you have some problems there - which is frustrating I know.

Your not alone - though thats not of much help I know.

Hopefuly - with a bit of luck TGC will at least make some announcement in the new year regarding FPSC one way or another.

Nothing worse than the unknown is there.

RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2005 02:21
I aggree with you. This is getting to be a real problem and I don't want to here anymore about you get what you pay for eather! It's not the worst or the best software but I wish you people would realize that were dealing with Lee Bamber and his crew NOT John Carmack and id software! Now do you see why they droped the royalites lic?

Rj

Rj
DigiDesign Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2005 12:44
Yeh. I really want to make an FPSC fansite called "Yet another FPS Creator fan site!"

But to be honest FPSC isnt all that good...

~M1RKD1RK~
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 05:22
I agree that it does need some bug fixing, but:

Quote: "But to be honest FPSC isnt all that good..."

I don't think it desirves that. It's your opinion, and I respect that, but the time, work and effort put into this project is imense. Plus, if it wasn't for this, you'd have to use DBPro - and making a FPS engine from scratch in that isn't the easiest thing in the world (but I must admit it is fun!)

Work Hard. Do Your Best. Share The Glory. Do It Again.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Agreed Conner. The product is good and is a diferent and interesting approach, if only the bugs and lack of important funcionalities was taken care... oh well... I wish.

FPSC is good as a product.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 12:22 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 12:22
I assume the patches are changes to the hardcoded DBP code?

I definitley think DBP is my next purchase after I finish my project.

FPSC may have its "issues", but NOTHING can give you this much freedom and FUN close to that price.

At the end of the day - any software that runs on Win'dohs' isnt stable.

hats off to an awesome product, but any fixes would be welcomed with loving open arms.

DAB Studios
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 12:37
The update is more a case of "it'll be done when it's done."
A major problem with some of the new work going on is, well someone has been MIA since the end of October... (looks shifty) and doesn't look to be capable of full-time work again until probably mid-January; which doesn't help given how busy this time of year is in itself.

But on-top of this you have the added bonus fact that well everything depends on other things. For FPSC, there are some DBP bugs that need issuing, which also need to be issued with physics, and file access, etc. So most problems are a compound which unfortunately need to be sorted out asap; but just can't properly for the time being.

I know it's a pain but you just have to be slightly more patient I'm afraid and wait until things start moving at a decent pace again.
Keep reporting bugs though as they are being read through.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 04:35
I think most people realise that it's way too soon for a patch of any signifigance.

I'd rather these issues were sorted out after Riker 9 comes out and the more industrious people start to finish they're games.

It might be better to give FPSC a proper overhaul (which I guess is what R9 is turning out to be) rather than some quick-fixes to please the masses.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:41:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:41:52