Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / enemies smarter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2005 09:51
how can enemies can be made smarter? can 1 or more then 1 scripts given to a character?
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 16:27
the default is one main script (like follow waypoints, go into cover mode etc.) and then a shoot script (shoot, shoot up close, chase enemy).

Your not limited to these usages, just the way its laid out in the attributes screen (when you right click on the entity).

For smarter scripts - you need to write em! What are you trying to do?

DAB Studios
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 06:43
i want to make enemies shoot when u r clooser , then take cover when u shoot, then run when their life is less and sometime atack together...can it be done??
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 09:23
As for attacking together, I believe it can be done, but I am not so sure as to how it can be done just yet - Im still mastering this myself. (Although Im sure others can help you)

But Im pretty sure it shouldnt take too long to write a script or two that does what you want.

If you take a look at the default scripts in the "people" folder then you will see a cover fpi, shootclose fpi and a coward fpi. What you want involves parts of all those scripts.

The way I have been learning is to copy all the scripts I want parts of, and then try and continue one of the scripts using parts of others and following on in the same structure (following on with state consecs). Then test, test, test!

Theres an Fpi maker that is readily available on this board somewhere, Id suggest using this if its your first dabble in scripts, as it can validate your script before you try testing it, which can stop alot of head scratching before you even start.

So, In answer to your question, yes! Give it a go, just make sure you only work from brand new / copies of the default fpi's.

Let me know how you get on.

DAB Studios
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 03:08
ok...then that;s done....but i also want enemies to have a hostage then..they tel me that if i come little forward then they wil kill the hostage ...can this be done??

thank's for your help Mabuggi
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 18:56
well im pretty sure it can be done. becuase somone made a script where if you get to close
to the guard to tells you step back and if you keep going then he shoots. so if you could
direct him at the hostage using an angle command you could probably do it

SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 02:39
whta abt the script then?
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Read the Manual-learn it, maybe?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:13:52