Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2D Sprite Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Whats the hold up with fixing the 2d sprite collision.

This problem has been on this forum for a couple of months now and it would be nice to have an ETA on the fix.

Don't get me wrong I love DBpro and 2d codeing and am very impressed with the sprite engine but come on no pixel collision thats first day stuff
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2003 14:30
It might come with patch 5, or it may be later. They've only said they'll look into it.

I don't agree that it's quite so easy as you think though - we can get away with partial fixes, DBS have to provide a full solution (animated sprites, stretching and rotation) which is a little harder to do collision for.

If you look around, you'll be able to find either ChipOnes/my routine or fredix's routine for collision (no stretching/rotation/animation).
ChopChop
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to appologize for the tone of my original post. I was working on the 'retro game comp' when the pixel collision problem stopped me in my tracks.

Your right I did over simplify the issue.
However I believe this to be a key feature of the DBPro sprite engine only because of the many other (more complicated) features, it just feels missing.

anyway I would love to here any and all thoughts on this issue

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:46:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:46:40