Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / questions about the FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i really want to order this program. but im not sure about a few things...

Q1-can i import custom textures?

Q2-what program do i use to import my custom models. for instance, camera clipping, firing sequences, etc. im using milkshape 3d to make my weapons. here is one that i want to put into the FPSC.

how would i start to do the perspective camera attachment, and then do the model properties?

Q3-does this program support any sloping? sloped ceilings, sloped floors, bumpy terrain, etc.

Q4-can i import voice scripts? and create in game scripted movies?

well, i think thats about it.
any help is greaty appreciated!
thanks so much.

Corrupted Studios -
Lead graphics design
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
yes to all of these use the search button you can easily import your own texture importing your own ANIMATED models is a little harder but it seems like people are starting to do it. You don't need any program except FPSC and thats it you need to place your files correctly and they will show up in FPSC. There are many great tuts. on how to do this on the forums. Yes it does support slopes in a way as i said its easy to import non animated models you could model the slopes and terrain and import it. Finally you can play any wave file using a sound zone or a script if you want any other questions feel free to ask.

Your friend,

glyvin101
Corrupted Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
wow! this actually sounds pretty awesome. im getting it!

thanks for the help!

Corrupted Studios -
Lead graphics design
Corrupted Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah, one more question...

does this support any bumpmapping???
some of the screenshots of the FPSC looked like the textures were bumped, but you can get a similar effect just by applying shine and shadow in the right areas.

Corrupted Studios -
Lead graphics design
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
well you can do some really cool shading just using the lights you can ajust how much abient light you have as far as bump mapping i am unsure i am just getting into the modeling sene.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't recall any place where you can say what bump map you'd use and I think that it would be more discussed at the forums so my guess without checking is nope, it does not support.

You can do your own texture bumpmaping of course but the result is (as you seem to know acording to that gun of yours that looks really nice) not the same thing.

You can get a trial version of FPSC and judge most of things (all of the things when it comes to custom modeling) for yourself, might clear up some questions you may have.

Good luck and have fun!

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 02:22
The bump mapper is, well. A "little" off at the moment, but maybe it'll be updated.

Everything is yes, except it does not have any terain by default. You'd need to make it yourself and have it as a static entity.

Oh, no. The last one is a no. You need to have the accual sound and video files for that. Sorry.

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
Corrupted Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, so lets say i do want to create a video for my game.

what type of file would this movie be in?
and how do i load it into the FPSC?

Corrupted Studios -
Lead graphics design
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
AVI video format add a storyzone tell it to use that AVI and when you walk into it boom movie.

Glyvin101
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 13:53
Yep, its all pimped out and everything!

Are you about to rock?

Then [b]I SALUTE YOU!!!
Corrupted Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks much!