Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anyone fix the "so many enemies on screen they dont respond" problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 21:48
Hi guys, I have stepped away from FPS Creator for a while and am coming back; just wondering if anyone has fixed the problem where if you have like 10 enemies in a room they do not respond, just sitting there?

Thanks

w00t.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 22:10
FPSC is evil.

First, timers are not unique to enemys, for some stupid reason.
Second, current design dramatically slows scripts down over distance
and Third, You need crowd control, something to break them up, and it is harder then it sounds, expecally in tight spaces.

The reason is because they stop seeing you, and don't know you are there.
Also the timer transpher screws up their own timers, as they are close together.
Last, as script runing dramatically decreases as you go further, it takes longer for them all to "co-operate" and break up.
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 17:52
Merranvo -

Would this explain why enemies at a long distance sometimes do nothing until you get close to them - then the script kicks in and they suddenly start on their waypoints?

You wouldnt notice on a corridor game so much - but with open outdoor areas where visibility is high, I have noticed this more than a few times.

DAB Studios
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 22:49
The second point is about that. TGC went out of ther way to push FPSC down. Scripts run very slow. I think a 400 unit buffer is better then instant lestening.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 04:31 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 04:32
Merranvo,

I listen with interest.

In answer to the original question you mean no, needless to say.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:56