Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Questions before purchasing...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey.

I just have a few questions before I purchase the full software.
[size=1]I downloaded the demo, but have not yet installed as I do not want to waste my 30 days...[/size]

1) INVERT MOUSE - Searched the forums and found a thread or two suggesting that this is impossible. Can I get confirmation on this? Is there any sort of workaround? Will this feature be in the next version of the software? (I think this is critical for any FPS - I dont know anyone who doesnt use invert mouse)

2) Custom Controls: I read a thread saying it's possible to change the player controls, but can they be completely custom to the player and changeable through an option menu?

3) Trains: The FAQ says that it's possible to make "trains". I'd just like a bit more info on this feature - Is this similar to making func_trains in Half-life?

* Can you make them rotate to face the direction they are going?
* Can they be fairly complex in design (made to actually look like a train)?
* Can you add carridges?
* Can you add a control panel on the train itself that allows the player riding to adjust the speed (with negative speed being reverse)?

[size=1]Complexity aside, I just want to know if it's possible to do the above.[/size]

Thanks in advance.
GGardar
Years of Service
User Offline
Trains are not possible , but accode design a train but it's static you can't have a weicle to go in like battlefield. Custom controls with fps-pack you can let the player choose his controls b ut you can't use joystick.
INVERT MOUSE - it's not possible but i think you can make a vb6 proogram to have inver mouse

pc. Cpu: 3000 amd xp+ ram 2gb
Dr_Badman
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgive my ignorance, but could you not just make a moving platform (like a horizontal elevator) shaped like a train following waypoints that loop around the level?
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 15:23
There's no invert mouse option, although it could be coded in the source, I expect.

There's no options menu yet or vehicles.

FPSC V1 is a little bare bones in some areas at the moment, which annoys some people (not me).

IF you want the power of a HL2 mod, you'd probably be better off using the HL2 engine. Be prepared to work hard, though.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 16:48
no offense but these kinda threads tick me off....download the demo....thats exactly how the actual version is...cept you can make .exe if you pay attention to manual it pretty much shows you what you can and cant do lol.

---------
Dont hate
Dr_Badman
Years of Service
User Offline
No offense taken. I have already downloaded the demo, and I'll be installing it this weekend (I normally read up heaps so I dont waste the 30 days not knowing what I'm doing - if that bothers you, please ignore me).

I worked on several HL1 mods back in the day, actually, so I'm aware of the workload involved (HL2 kind of triples the time and effort). For someone that doesnt have the time to develop a full FPS game/mod, this little gem is almost perfect. I imagine the next version will be purchase-worthy. The ONLY thing stopping me now is no invert mouse support (which has been in every FPS since QUAKE).

And with the "trains": I dont mean driveable vehicles. Just like how elevators carry you up and down, I'd want one shaped like a train to carry you around a path/track (waypoints). I'm not asking if it's 'out-of-the-box-insert-prefab-steam-train-lol', but if what I'm saying sounds possible to add with scripting?

Appreciate the responses so far.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 02:51
I don't have a problem with these questions as they were things that weren't obvious.

There have been stupider questions than this from people who own the product.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 07:11
You see elevators moves up and down. No in horizontal way.
But maybe you can script it or something.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
actually there was horizontally moving elevators in that official video, so it is possible to make one, but I'm not sure if you're able to make them curved turns etc.
Quote: "I dont know anyone who doesnt use invert mouse"
There's one sitting right here! But I think some people would find inverted controls useful...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:43:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:43:27