Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 12:44
You can download Missle Might at http://www.geocities.com/bluestar4games
Its kinda my own personal version of missle command
It was coded using "classic" dark basic

Bluestar4~
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
I was hesitant to download it, but it is a good game, the screen shot does not do it justice

Suggestions:
instead of "0"'s falling why not use meteors
and of course the usual, multiplayer split screen, campaign blah blah

Nice version of missle command though, keep up the good work

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 02:56
intereseting suggestion. and thank you for your compliments. You are welcome to email me a 32x32 bitmap of one and I'll update the game with it. Also, I am not sure when you downloaded it but check the manual for the version #. the latest is 1.1

Bluestar4~
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 02:46 Edited at: 21st Dec 2005 02:47
I thought was pretty cool, I like the idea of having a middle turret, its a life saver. But, you should get some pic of a meteor an just make sprites out of them and then test for sprite collision or you can just use basic math, cause classic is a little slow. And you'd need some pic of a missle too, something round or square though so you don't have to worry about its angle or anything like that.

Here's some images that you can play around with(attached), took em off google, and just edited a little. You can probably get better ones though. (The left is supposed to be the meteor and the right is the missle)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 05:33
watch out for level 20 and up ! as for the sprite suggestion, the little 0's are actually sprites , so all I need is to update the images. now as for speed I plan on changing the speed to massivily fast on levels above 24. Thank you for your compliments and suggestions as they are welcomed.

Bluestar4~
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 16:59
ok, I took into account all your suggestions and have uploaded a new version with nice looking asteroids. I also made a few game tweaks to make it more fun. Happy holidays everyone.

Bluestar4~
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 00:28
oh btw, whats the highest level anyone has completed ?

Bluestar4~
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 08:37
good fun, bluestar i made it to lvl 16 (~32,000 points?). i can only play retro-esque games for 5-10 minutes before i get bored, but yours held my attention for the full 10 minutes! now, if you had a PAUSE feature in there so i could wander somewhere else for awhile, then return to my mission, i could see the rest of what you have in store

My Modest System:
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb), Drivers and Updates Kept Current
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 13:05
a pause button hmmmmm.... .....how about a difficulty switch that changes how often you get silos too e.i 4000-easy ,6000-normal,8000-hard ? what do you think of that idea?

Bluestar4~
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 19:14
honestly, i liked the game as-is. didn't ever think 'hmmm. i wish it had an easier level'. i thought that part was very well thought out/appropriate. one thing i'll mention is that i didn't know when i lost a silo/it became inactive until i tried to use it a couple times. sometimes i'd try to use my RH silo to shoot at something on the LH side of the screen (for a number of reasons). when things get hectic, i can't juggle all of what's going on to the point that i can confirm every shot successfully launched. there was a little confusion there for me. so, maybe some audible alert and/or a more straight-forward graphical representation of that? example, i lose my right-hand silo and when i try to use it, the cursor/crosshair changes to something else (like a red X maybe? and, i mention changing the cursor vs the silo/silo area because during some of the frantic gameplay, the player is keeping an eye on the crosshair a lot more than his/her silos) and i hear a short 'buzz' or 'empty shot' kinda sound telling me that it's invalid. i think with games like this, the 'less is more' approach is best. it's SIMPLE fun and should try to remain 'simple'/true to it's nature. also, if you DO decide to add a Pause button, i'd suggest making it available only in between waves (during the bonus/scoring period). the reason is, if it was an 'avilable always' function, the player could freeze the game and plan, step by step, the next couple seconds (ie, making it a near-turnbased game) which might screw up the balance/what you were shooting for in game play(pun intended)

or... you could leave the game as-is because i'd call it a solid 'success' in it's current state, and bless us with the next idea you have in store for us.

My Modest System:
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb), Drivers and Updates Kept Current
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 20:51
I'll be sure to post my next little suprise.

Bluestar4~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:41:23
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:41:23