Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Best Practice for faster loading games.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where the community could post best practices for building faster loading games. This might help some as they build their games.

Just a thought!
Dog
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2005 22:46
Don't try to lessen load times, it makes levels look bad.

Altough putting no entitys and no lights results in fast loaders.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Merranvo,

Question?

Could you have a faster loading game with less dynamic entities and still have a fun game? I thought it might help young game designers to thinks about what and how may entities they place in a map or level. I was hoping to get some guidance from some of the more seasoned FPS designers for us who are just getting started. Kind of set up a lessons learned thread.

Just a thought. If a person builds a kewl level, but know one can play it... then why build it?

I joined the community and stopped lurking because there were so many great opinions. I thought we could have a central deposit for all the lessons learned through trial and error. It could stop some of the repeated questions and avoid some new member from getting slammed for not searching the forums well enough.

Quote: "Altough putting no entitys and no lights results in fast loaders."

Is this equal for static vs. dynamic? Thanks for listening. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Dog

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:49:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:49:43