Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Enviromental weapons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 02:31
Assuming that one was to actually work out an effective melee situation, is it possible to take segments and models, etc. and have players "extract" weapons and items from it, even though the model itself doesn't actually count as a "weapon" persay?
Like in the new King Kong game, where you can take spikes and torches, etc. from the level and use it to your defense. And I am making plans for an online shooter, and was wondering is it possible to have "teams" (i.e.: red team, blue team, simply a difference of player models), and if it is possible to have a Halo-style pre-game "lobby" where players can chat.
That's all...

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 05:47
in a way...
Your game will have to be entirly entitys.

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 06:15 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 06:16
MP in FPSC is quite basic and somewhat problematical.

You should take a look at FPSC carefully and in depth if you require any kind of online gameplay. Working with small test levels would answer most questions for you in practical application so that you can access the potential for you project.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 10:00
Quote: " MP in FPSC is quite basic and somewhat problematical."

Chris: Oh god it feels good to be outta the F**king shoos!
Sterling: I know! It feels good to be outta these cloths too!
Wheelgator is a ricist. What? I swear! He called me a n***r!
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 17:46
Well, for the multiplayer, I am currently just designing a few sci-fi levels and placing shotguns, miniguns, etc. around them so that I will get a feel for good level design. Lobbys, etc. Would only be a secondary feature, the main experience would be...well, mowing down hordes of your closest friends with technologically advanced weapons. Heehee.
Oh, and another thing! When it comes to background SFX, how effective is FPSC? Is it possible to have an automated voice announce kills, frags, and headshots like the Halo Live voice?
Ohhh, another thing...heh I have many questions...
If I wanted to make bit of a "soft glow" to the gameplay (I suppose a little bit like the Prince of Persia games) could I just implement a yellowish-white Gaussian Blur in my HUD, that would carry over and act like a filter over the real gameplay. Also could a lens distortion effect be achieved for things like binoculars and scope zooming?
I'm a bit of a newb, I know (or a newt, if you think eccentrically). But hopefully newbie questions will pay off in the future.

I reject your reality and substitute it with a full-on, guns-blazin' video game reality of my own.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 01:13
Well as FPSC's motto is The Possibilitys are Limitless

Quite Possibly

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 03:42
I'm a graphic designer (check out http://dreamweavercafe.com/cafe) with my work published on calendars, etc. So figuring it out should be easy, but just wondering if anyone had a real quick answer... I've got a few cover pages up for my upcoming game plans (an online shooter called Desperado, and a single-player game nicknamed Project Relativity), so as soon as I can retexture the models to my liking, and set up a level or two, I'll post it all up.

FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 03:44
I'm a graphic designer (check out http://dreamweavercafe.com/cafe) with my work published on calendars, etc. So figuring it out should be easy, but just wondering if anyone had a real quick answer... I've got a few cover pages up for my upcoming game plans (an online shooter called Desperado, and a single-player game nicknamed Project Relativity), so as soon as I can retexture the models to my liking, and set up a level or two, I'll post it all up.

BTW, I went ahead and posted the Desperado cover page.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSMaker Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 05:25
Sorry about the seemingly double-post. My internet is strangely quirky...grr.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:26