Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC's Competitors?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Usually when I buy a piece of software like this (or anything for that matter), I also like to check out its competitors to make sure I am getting what I need it for. Does FPSC have any competitors around the same price range as FPSC to compare features / price against? If so, which?

For example, one of DBPro's best competitors is 3D GameStudio. I was able to compare both of them to see which would fit me best. I am looking for the same type of comparison for FPSC - but can not find any significant software matches on Google - everything I try searching on points back to FPSC - which I guess is a good thing.

Does anyone know any competitor's software I can use as a comparison against FSPC? Thanks!!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 21:56
Not in it's price range or license type .

Chris: Oh god it feels good to be outta the F**king shoos!
Sterling: I know! It feels good to be outta these cloths too!
Wheelgator is a ricist. What? I swear! He called me a n***r!
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Capone

To be honest I don't see Game Studio as a competitor for DarkBasic simply because the framework is not the same. Another programming language with an IDE and extensible would be more likely, maybe Blitz or something like that (never tried it though). In the same way I can only recall a couple of suite tools that resemble 3DGS.

For this reason I see no competition for FPSC since I don't know any other point and click software to make compiled games within this price range and licensing, like Chris said (thanks mate)

If you want to wide the angle of choice, then any other single purpose game making software can be competition and in that case the analisys can be quite difficult.

Hope this helps, although I fear maybe it doesn't.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 01:01
HL 2 is good.
But you have to know how to program.

Just google, Game Creation System

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
[url=ochanicon.gif]
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 08:05
quikly game pro looks interesting

http://www.quikly.com/
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 08:10
We will be seeing a slap/ban here soon ppl.

Daniel Silverman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 08:51
Quote: "We will be seeing a slap/ban here soon ppl."

Why? Is it forbidden to speak of other products here? I would certainly hope not.

Quote: "Does anyone know any competitor's software I can use as a comparison against FSPC? Thanks!!"

I don't think that there is. Most game creations tools are more geared toward being able to program, model and design levels and do not feature the ease of "drag and drop" that FPSC seems to have.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 08:51
This is irrelevant, but why did you call Wheely a "ricist" (I think you mean racist) in your sig, Chris? I don't remember him saying that, since we all know I'm god and I can see all. Well, anyway, did you know he got a year ban? Yeah. So anyway, on to something of importance:

Quikly does look interesting, although obviously not mainstream and is limited to what DBP can do. I personally don't believe that there is much other competition in this price range with a similar license, so I suppose that you'll have to choose from those.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 10:17
Quote: "
Why? Is it forbidden to speak of other products here? I would certainly hope not.
"

When Rich is in a bad mod it is.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 10:32
Of course it is!

You think that TGC want you to compare FPSC to other developers products here in the official forum?, where people evaluating the trial version would come to see what other users are producing?

We don't allow 'vs' posts and threads like this often end up in flame wars, I know because I've been involved in most of the Blitz wars .

Gonna lock this I'm afraid, even though there's really nothing to compare FPSC to at the moment.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:50:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:50:35