Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone help me make a script that makes the player jump one level up

Watch out or we will scratch you!
Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
Putting force onto the player is just like putting it onto any other character in FPSC - it doesn't work. Neither are there a command for jumping nor does MOVEUP work for this function. So therefor we need to cheat abit to retain approximatly the same effect as of a jumppad.

One thing that does work however is PLRMOVETO. Thus the downside is that it provides a teleport kind of function. Should you just want a one level jump it would usually still look pretty ok if you were to teleport into the air above the ledge or whatever the jumppad is suppose to send you off to. In order to do that you can add a trigger zone to where the jumppad is. Then you place a "Player Checkpoint" to the air somwhere over the landing spot. Note that the player will drop down from the checkpoint so don't place it to close to the ground or you will end up inside the floor or something upon jumping. You should also note that the player will face the opposite direction of the checkpoint as he/she gets there so place it facing the jumppad. Next you put this little script into the main script property of the trigger zone:

This will teleport the player to the checkpoint in the air and let the player drop normally towards the floor. In a shorter jump this will give a fairly nice impression of a boosted jump. However should the distance be further away you might need this little modification to the script:

This will send the player to jumpspot1 then it will wait a very short time before it sends him/her to jumpspot2. Should the jumpspots (checkpoints) be placed in a well ordered enough arc you will get a smoother jump. The more jumpspots the smoother of a jump. The delay (the TIMERGREATER value) placed between each jumpspot depends on how far away the spots are to one another and how many that you use. You just gonna have to tweak the values until it looks right.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 07:19 Edited at: 30th Dec 2005 05:23
Let me think...
Jet Pack!

:state=0:state=6,coloff,setalphafade=0
:state=1,plrhigher=20:moveup=8
:state=1,raycastup=0 -20:state=3
:state=1,raycastup=70 100:state=4

:state=1:moveup=-8
:state=1:unassociateplayer

:state=3:state=1

:state=1:associateplayer,moveup=10
:state=4:state=1,unassociateplayer

:state=5,timergreater=1000,plrdistfurther=200:state=6
:state=1,timergreater=1000:state=5

:state=6,plrdistwithin=50:state=1,associateplayer,timerstart

This should act as an impulse. But you might go a lot higher then 1 lvl, Conjured, the Scripting genius, can fix it. and remeber.

Attach to a Skull Entity!

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Cat scratch
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!

Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
Your script, Merranvo, has to be attached to a dynamic entity. If you attach it to a trigger zone forinstance it seem to crash the game. The only problem is that it doesn't really move the player but the entity that the player steps on which in return drags the player along with it - like a lift. Thus once you've used the jump pad it will be in the elevated position and not where it started out making it quite hard to reuse. You can ofcourse perhaps add scripting that'll reset the lift right after use but when you say jump pad i think of something stationary that'll propell you into the air. The diffrence is that if you're being chased, or chasing someone, the follower can't use the jump pad right after the first guy but have to wait until it's reset.

Otherwise it works quite well. Gives you a smooth jump in an easy way.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 13:18
you missed the

:state=1:moveup=-8

part, this is all apart of the jet pack script, and I stupidly removed a line, so it works like so.

If you want entity jumping, that is much harder. More scripts to edit.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 23:22
is it possible to make it shoot the player up then come back down. like
in your script merranvo you go up and can walk around in thin air. what
about just like something that shoots you up and you fall back down after?
can you do this. it would help me alot

Copper Head
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i didn't miss that Merranvo. It's up there in your script as you stated in in this forum on line five of your script text. I tried it out in FPSC even, word by word. The only effect i got was that the entity the script is attached to shoots you up in the air and then disappears.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 05:22
yeah, I missed that too, It is suppose to load invisible. I put the script together hastely, mainly because it was a tried and true system of the jetpack, and of course, I screwed a few things up, I'm correcting those. That's what I get for going fast.

Death, I don't quite understand. You want to throw the plr (as being done) and then have him walk on thin air?

Merranvo, The Cool One

Cat scratch
Years of Service
User Offline
It´s only usable once.
Could someone please fix it?

Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 19:20
no. merranvo currently when he is shot up he CAN walk in thin air
i want him to shoot up and then fall back to the ground

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 19:50 Edited at: 30th Dec 2005 19:51
And this is why i really shouldn't go fast

:state=0:state=6,coloff,setalphafade=0
:state=1,raycastup=20 40:state=5,unassociateplayer
:state=1,timergreater=1000:state=5,unassociateplayer
:state=1:associateplayer,moveup=10

:state=5,raycastup=0 -20:state=6
:state=5:moveup=-8

:state=6,plrdistwithin=50:state=1,associateplayer,timerstart

It works, but if you land on the jump pad, you don't get hurt. Aproxementally 3 story jump.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:36:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:36:42