Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Translation program. Set .dat files to translate any language to another

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 03:18
This is a small translator program I created that is actually really usefull. Basically it is a program where you enter in the word and it returns the translated word based on information in a .dat file.

The way it works is you create a directory to put your .dat file in and then in that directory make a dict.dat file. Open it up in a text editor and the first line should be something like

Language 1 - Language 2 Translator

then every line after that will look like this

word
translation to above word
word
translation to above word

and so on. If the word you enter in is not in the dictionary the program will tell you. Right now it is case sensitive, but I'll fix that later. Also if you want to use your own .dat file you created, put the name of the directory you made for that dictionary in the setup.ini file. The supplied dict.dat file should show you how to work it. It only includes Yes and No in english into latin.

The best part is the fake "bios" that runs at the beginning. Screen dimensions change based on what your computer supports also.

Tell me what you think. I'm gonna expand my current dictionary file so that I can use it for my latin class.

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 17:19
I suggest you have a look at the EDICT format. It's simple and there are existing dictionaries for it.

WarBasic Scripting engine for DarkBasicPro
DC emulator code size: 14.3MB, 553,214 lines
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 00:52
I looked into it and it is essentially the same thing, but with '/' instead of carriage returns. I like my method better.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 08:11:04
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 08:11:04