Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Get you act together TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 20:15
I haven't posted for a long time but have been working away with FPS Creator and other programming languages.I think I speak for the majority of sensible users of this software that it has far too many bugs and limitations.Could anyone connected with TGC please come on these forums and let users know what is happening regarding bug fixes,updates etc.It feels like purchasers of FPS Creator have been left to sort things out themselves.Surely it should not be left to individuals,such as cellblock,to fix a piece of software that has been paid for.I think this software has a great future,but,only if people see that it is being supported by its developers.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 23:03
westray,

Nice to see you and thanks for the very sensible post which I fully endorse the content of.

No need say any more than that really.

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 23:36
uman

Thank you for your endorsement of my post.Lets hope it has some efect.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2006.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 23:53
westray,

Yes Happy New Year to you too and I hope to see you around again in 2006.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 04:45
You don't speak for me, so please don't assume that everyone has a beef with TGc just because you do.

I liked FPSC when it was the EA version and I think most of the criticisms of TGC and FPSC are unfair.

Nobody's forcing cellbloc to change the source code, in fact he seems to be having fun with it.

It's only a v1 product. Be patient.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
That is true. Well just have to be patient and see what happens to FPSC.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I agree. It was all very clearly stated that FPSC was a V1-TEST basically. But in all fairness it worked EXCELLENTLY and the only thing I agree with you is the part about them offer more support to their users. Other than that, I think you should leave FPSX and TGC alone. They did all they can thus far and have worked hard to bring FPSC to you, and what do you do? Complain.
westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 09:01
transient,

I said in my post that I thoght I represented the majority of FPS Creator users,not everyone.Also I am well aware that it is only V1 and am fully prepared to be patient.My gripe with TGC is the fact that after the release of this product,we have had very little contact with its creators to air our grievances(maybe too strong a word),certainly views,to tell us what is the current state of play and what is planned for the future visa vie upgrades,bug fixes,etc.

I don't have any "beef" with TGC,I have supported them from Dark Basic onward by buying their products and feel I have every right to ask these questions.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 09:27
Quote: "gripe with TGC is the fact that after the release of this product,we have had very little contact with its creators to air our grievances"

Well, how many large company's like TGC actually talk to their community as much as TGC? Every major compnay I ever emailed I NEVER got a response.

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 09:42 Edited at: 1st Jan 2006 09:45
First off, if you want to talk to rich, label the thread "Rich Please Respond"

Second, you didn't list ME as a co-fixer (okay, i am freelance, and add things when I understand how to / want to)

Third, the majority of FPSC Users don't have problems, they post the bug, and we never hear from them again. And if we don't hear from them, they don't exist.

Fourth, join us in fixing V1, more help, the better.

Fifth, yes, this reply is mostly in jest.

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 11:02
Quote: "Fourth, join us in fixing V1, more help, the better."

I hear this over and over again, but who excactly is fixing V1 anyway?

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
@westray: I understand what you mean, but to be honest, a lot of support has been offered by the members on these forums. To be honest, I think TGC might have deliberately provided no support to encourage us to help each other more-however, I don't know.
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 18:05
Well, we're all trying, but the admins havent been on the forums for like two months. i dont even think the bug reports forum has been looked at yet! devs, where are you?

Happy New Year, everyone. i agree completely, westray.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:27:03