Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC demo Problem!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the demo just 2 days ago and now when I start it it says that the demo has passed! It says that "The Demo Version has been terminated. The current date is older than the date when it was first used". The date is January 1st 2006 and I started using it December 29! Now I can't use it no more!
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes that happened to me as well. I would just download it again, but on my computer it takes quite a while to download it due to the file size-even though my computer is brand new for christmas, it still takes a while, but mine said it had run out a day after when I downloaded it. Does anyone else have any idea as to why this is?
Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Uh oh... Sounds like the Y2K6 bug to me...

You could try removing it and deleting the folder, clean the registry entries, and reinstall. Just be sure and save any maps you may have created you wish to keep.

That might work...

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!"
jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 23:22
I have the same problem as I did with the demo from PC Format, although that had a 45 day trial!

Anyway, I've fixed it by uninstalling the program, searching for 'fps' in the registry and deleting any entries that came up that were related to FPS creator. (use regedit from the run command).

Now be careful in regedit, if you make any changes that don't relate to FPS creator you could damge windows beyond repair. Just use a bit of common sense, I only deleted entries that I was sure were related to FPS creator and nothing more, plus ignore any that are just about recently used programs or folder structures, that's what I did anyway!

Hope that works for you too.....

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 02:17
You do know that lee is now going to revoke the demo.

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 03:26
Naaah, he never gets on the forums. Even Rick doesnt... not anymore. sigh.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 04:07
They don't post, but they are actively reading. Or so I think.
Let's do a test and see.

Any Mod who reads this message, please respond, you won't get flamed. We Promise.

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 13:09
Why will he revoke the demo? Surely they'll fix it?

I was only trying to help, isn't that what forums are for, to discuss and share knowledge?
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 22:03
My demo just told me I had a bug every time I tried to open a map on the last 4 days. Worked fine for the first 26.

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2006 23:46
You instructed him how to bypass the 30day trial... not like it matters. Anyone with a little knowhow can do it.

And it isn't a y2k6 it is a newyears issue, it doesn't account for the year in time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:31:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:31:04