Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have just downloaded the FPS trial, and I played one of the pre made games. It occured to me that it was really laggy. If I happen to buy the FPS Creator, will this still occur?

I'm not trying to be fussy or stuck up, I'm just curious.

THANKS!

--Jordan--

-----------------------------------------------------------
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 01:12
Well is your PC slow or old? Do you have more than one program running at the same time? I have a pretty slow PC but it runs the games pretty smothly. It also depends on how big you level is, if physics are on, how many enemies are on the screen at once and lots more. Since I have the full version, I dont know what premade game you are talking about that comes with the trial.

Give a little more info and I can see if I can help you out.

I have a Xbox 360!! XBL Gamertag: Ub3rwigg3t
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 04:19 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 04:20
If you utilise the whole of the avilable FPSC world size and fill it with a great deal of contruction and detail objects you are likely to inevitably suffer some lagg no matter what system capability you have - it does not matter in such instances. Its not only system but engine related. Serious lagg occurs most often at level extremities and is unavoidable due to engine compile and rendering issues - excessively high polygon counts in specific areas. AI enemies will add greatly to this lagg and loss of fps no matter what your system you wont get one that can overcome the internal FPSC problems. Sensible use of the software is the only way to limit the effects which means you may have to cut back on your level design and limit content to rather simple limits.

A little self defeating but thats the way of it. In complex levels Hard work alone can minimise lagg but its impossible to remove the serious lagg issue altogether as its engine specific.

Zeppelin Fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 06:07
well...it needs 512 mb of RAM...and if got a little thing like MSN running...then u will get alot of lagging...cuz MSN takes up some RAM...also you should save very often if your comp laggs...and if u got WIN XP and more than 1 user...make sure other users are logged off...or no programs runing.
visit this site
[href]http://doucestudio.piczo.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:31:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:31:08