Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 06:35
The latest newsletter talked about an upcoming update for FPSC.

There was no timeframe, but it's just been released in retail stores in the US.

This should (hopefully) ease some of the tension surrounding TGC's support of this product and it's future.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 07:09
Don't you know, Cellbloc Signed a contract to TGC... The update is Riker 9!!!

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 07:26
no way, seriosuly?

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 07:40
No, but I wouldn't put it past TGC. Even Cellbloc was saying that his engine may be used in V2 (or in this case, V1 update).

I really don't think that TGC is going to do anything with the engine as much as the editor. If any bugs are to get fixed, they should all be editor bugs, since we can't fix them.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 08:07
This is true, but I don't think there's much point speculating on what's going to happen with FPSC.

I can't imagine they'll ignore the engine, though.

A more complete multiplayer aspect would rope in more users imo.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
i do not see how they would make someone pay $50 and then ignore them and not update fps. but ill just sit here and see what hapens i gess.tgc seems like a truth worthy company and i hope they are.but i aint had it to long so i dunno how long you guys have been waiting for an update.i do hope tgc and Cellbloc update soon couse i dont see how to make a game worth selling without save and load.

Shadow
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
What some of us were expecting was an answer, at least I was and many of the complaints that I read here had something like "TGC don't say anything" et cetera.

The answer was given in the newsletter, so let's give the guys some room, chill out a bit and let them work. Speculation will serve no purpose behond getting people more impatient and a bigger stress to the developers.

Happy New Year to you all and to TGC.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah that is true vlad

Shadow
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I was very happy when I saw they mentioned FPSC as a core product. Like I said in another post; Sit back and enjoy the ride. Stay focused on the things that are in our sphere of control and help guide new members to follow the community's value system. A huge round of applause for those community members that developed Mods and packs that help make FPSC a better application. Thank you for all your hard work.

Dog

Cheezermega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 02:48
I really hope they add swimming and some kind of vehicle system. And fix the sounds and pump up the detail.

For Any thing you would ever want on the internet goto www.cheezerzone.com
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 02:51
what amazes me is that the engine isnt perfect....

i mean, didnt lee create darkbasic pro? so why the hell wasnt that the best possible engine darkbasic was capable of making?

anyway, i too hope they are editor fixes, cause we can always add engine fixes and features...

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 07:47
What? Who? Where? Why?

Ah, now I understand... the light is brighter now...

-This...is my boomstick!
Building "Riker 9", two steps at a time.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 14:07
I reckon the next update will be from a 'third party'. If TGC know that someone is making improvements to their application, why would they feel the need to do an update themselves? Saves them a lot of bother in the long run. It will give them more time to concentrate on other applications such as DBPro.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Bullshock
The thing is (Merranvo explained it to me, except about FPSC scripting) is that even though he made it, it doesn't mean he knows how to put all the right commands togethor, and nothing is perfect, you just see it perfectly.

FORUM n00b THREAT LEVEL: ORANGE
Some thread revival/spam-Some bad grammar used, stupid questions or answers-No direct flaming
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
DBP is designed to make games. When DBP was used to produced a game engine, the programmer had to deal with a new set of chalenges. The engine had to read a structure created by another software ( the editor ) which led I think to some of the problems we are facing, such as the culling ( or lack of ) discussed on the Riker 9 thread.

It has nothing to do with DBP per se or Lee's ability. I think both are state of the art in their own context. The main issue here was stretching DBPs line to another completely diferent environment such as creating a game making software starting from a language that is already a game making software.

Even if there are a lot of aspects I think should be dealt with, look at it: it's an enormous ammount of work to pull such a stunt.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:51