Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Basic visual editor - work in progress [wip] (kidding..)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 19:14 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 19:14
Ok so here`s the deal , i`m making an ultimate dark basic visual interface editor . With a simple to use interface , you will to create you applications much easyer than codding.

picture of v0.01 (the gui might change ..)

Ok so here`s what it will be most certanly good for :
All sorts of text-media-sound applications.
program making.

And maby (that deppends on how good i write the support)
For creating 2d and 3d games .

-----------------------------------------------------
Sorry to all db pro users but it will export code to DB CLASSIC format. (but it will most probably work in dbpro aswell-but might have some errors..)

Just wanted to get some appinions .

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 19:16 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 19:19
Didn't you already make like...11 of these? Why is the forum covered with your threads?

Christ. Control yourself.

Quote: "Just wanted to get some appinions ."

Do you really want it?

The cat era has begun.
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 19:18
what i make alot stuff in the same time , i didnt make the SAME posts ...

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 21:31 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 21:35
Why would anyone select your IDE when TDK man are working on this one?:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58555&b=10

I did not mean that in a flaming way... I would just like to hear what would be better by using this etc?

Although it's always good to make a project you want(WOAH! Surprising, isn't it?) So just keep develope on it, and let's see how the progress will go for this one.

-The Nerd

Free Particle Engine for DarkBasic Pro:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60141&b=5
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 22:42
well that is preaty unbeatable , but this is like "visual basic" thing , if you know what i mean..-it`s not for writing code(aldo you can...)

-----------------------------
Im now realy on the edge of learning good programming , and i just want to have a good idea that will work , becouse i can make almost all.

any ideas for something that might be..good ?

KYP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 23:56
Yes, "tipe" is spelled "type" and I have no clue what "meny" is. Other than that, looks good!

That's weird, I haven't blinked for the last minute! Hmm...
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 00:36
Well a Visual Basic styled DBP ide like thing might be useful for those who are creating that style of applications, but I would code it, then tidy it up, doesn't looks too attractive

"I want to put a bullet through my head everytime I think of you!!!"- Slayer
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 14:13
i guess for people who actually cant spell this is kind of usefull.

here's an appinion for ya:

The Cowboy Game progress 17% (bullets)
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 15:50 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2006 15:51
Dodic,you crack head. Learn to finish a project then talk to us. To date, you have put out a quality,nothing (read: you make tew meny projekts), let alone an "ultimate dark basic visual interface editor"

Attention Deficit Disorder?

- Do it, Do it Right, Do it right now..
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 16:53
Pwnage.

The cat era has begun.
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 17:13
Quote: "Pwnage.
"

i will ask you to speak normal english sence i don`t know english too great at all , and PNWAGE won`t ever help me learn proper spelling ...

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 17:15
Quote: "Dodic,you crack head. Learn to finish a project then talk to us."

i thought this was a board for unfinished projects , now correct me if i`m wrong

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 18:23
its a board for unfinished projects that have are likely to finish, really what I think he is getting at, is the amount of projects you have bothered starting, but fail to get anywhere near completion, he was merely suggesting you should finish one of those many projects before making a new one

"I want to put a bullet through my head everytime I think of you!!!"- Slayer
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "really what I think he is getting at, is the amount of projects you have bothered starting, but fail to get anywhere near completion, he was merely suggesting you should finish one of those many projects before making a new one
"

Thank you,Seppuku.

At this rate,you will be dominating this board with uncomplete projects. Hell, you nearly dominated this forum with your spam. More frightningly, DB Newb almsot joined your army of incomplete project/meaningless garbage, posts.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 20:17
Quote: "project/meaningless garbage, posts."

one who knows it all , equals one who doesn`t care , but , one who speaks too much , but the one who doesn`t know , and another one who wants it all !!!

right ?

x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a brain anurism trying to read that.

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 20:56
Quote: "one who knows it all , equals one who doesn`t care , but , one who speaks too much , but the one who doesn`t know , and another one who wants it all !!!

right ?"

I think left... Definately not right...

I dont know what your talking about, probably pwning some confucious quote... But what i did notice is that you were describing yourself , i think i got a lead here guys...

one who knows it all - obviously dodic, hes creating 8 trillion projects at one time plus he made his own coding language! Shark BASIC guys!!

one who doesn't care - i really dont see the connection but dodic doesnt care what other people try to tell him, nor if he is doing anything right...which is another reason why i answered left to this question.

", but , one who speaks too much , but the one who doesn`t know ,"

dodic speaks too much, we can all agree on that? He also doesnt know that he is, because he persists...

where all the "but"s came from i can only imagine. What we can gather from this is that, either dodic is Schizophrenic, and he has multiple personalities, or if we go to more of a surfaced answer, dodic has 2 but's. and possibly another, third but because he said "and another, who wants it all!!!". This is either refferring to another personality, or another but. Dodic, whether you have 3 but's or just Schizophrenia, you need help .

formerly KrazyJimmy
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 04:59
Quote: "one who knows it all , equals one who doesn`t care , but , one who speaks too much , but the one who doesn`t know , and another one who wants it all !!!

right ?"

I'm sorry, can you say that in Earth-tongue?

We mean you no harm.

The cat era has begun.
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 05:50 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 05:52
Quote: "We mean you no harm."

maby some but for you i can not be so sure , you don`t like me , and i dont hate you becouse of that , i would only like to ask you to be a little more "descrete" about that (not as descreet as 3d studio max is...) , ok ?

@OddMind : Eaven if that was directed to me , i had fun reading it , so i`m not mad at all becouse you posted that , it was very funny , i laught ...

Quote: "I'm sorry, can you say that in Earth-tongue?"

That was a definition of average person , without having 2 nervs in his brain (not 2 as 2 only 2 as 2 less then normal)

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 06:42
Thanks, try the cold cuts there great, I'll be here all week.

It was directed at anyone who had the right mind set to read it. Instead of letting things like these escalate to flame wars I would rather bring light to the situation.

formerly KrazyJimmy
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 06:44
dang i start heaps of projects but atleast I get stuff done for them. Which reminds me, can't wait to get a hold of the oie code for syndicate, already got loads of models just waiting to go and our coder justin is itchin to check it out. Which means hell of such as demo on that front very soon.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 10:10
Quote: " to be a little more "descrete" about that (not as descreet as 3d studio max is...)"

The cat era has begun. Shedding light onto out dark and humourless world.
TKsFox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 11:05
What fool some1 must be to put a "(kidding...)" behind a topic name?

I really hope ppl like u get banned from this forum one day - so we havent got 5000 jokes in a programmer/developer forum.

If this isnt a joke u should stop working on it anyways - there is allready TDK's work...

It's me...
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 18:21 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 18:23
Quote: "TKsFox "

You want me to get banned becouse i`m posting my PROJECTS , hey , that`s not fair now , isn`t it ???

at least i`m posting some projects , there are many of you hwo don`t post anything and just critisize others work with words like : hm.. It`s good but i think you should realy work on that part... and hwo are they to tell that , when did they PROVE ?

and that (kidding) in the name was like : wip means work in progress , that`s why i putted KIDDING.

ANd allright i promiss i won`t post this many projects and next project i post i WILL finish , is that ok with you guys ?

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 18:47 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 18:51
Quote: "there are many of you hwo don`t post anything..."

This people (like me) are workin' very hard on their projects
and they dont post their projects because they are working so fast
that the screenshots/demos becoming old.

Quote: "...and just critisize others work."

Why not? There are also good comments for good work.

And you can post your projects but please after one month development

[/center]
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 20:05
Quote: "And you can post your projects but please after one month development"

after one month of development i can do like 20 projects (FINISHED) , so that`s the prob.

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "after one month of development i can do like 20 projects (FINISHED) , so that`s the prob."

The problem is, after one month,you have began 20 projects per day and finish none of them. As a result we all get to endure your endless spam in each and every thread.

If we get lucky? You hijack someone else's code and media then claim it as your own and suddenly you have a completed project.
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 21:26
i promiss my THE NEXT PROJECT I POST WILL BE FINISHED , sorry for posting so much , i didn`t realize how much i posted by now , but i just did , i`m very sorry , and i promiss to STOP posting alot.

That`s all i have to say about that topic , considering that i hope you will stop arguing about that.

Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 21:54
wow dodic, from all your posts lets see what you accomplished.

1) Ripped off FPS (which you have no reply to)
2) Shark Basic (Number one associate of Stupid Basic is all we need to know)
3) Lets stop for a few seconds an think about your modelling ability
Okay 2nd Jan 2006 04:49 Dodic makes a charecter,
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68540&b=3
4th Jan 2006 05:57 Dodic Makes Monk
http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/8094/shaolin3sr.png
I will leave you to draw conclusions.
4) Hey guys, i got an idea LETS CODE OUR MODELS!!@!
5) Lets look at how well you can contridict your self
30th Dec 2005 23:52 \"it`s not that i need a moddeler , 3d studio max is inaff good for me...\"
2nd Jan 2006 04:49 \"here is my first character model , it is SUPER LOW POLYGON , becouse game space light exports up to 650 poly\"

Amazing Dodic, in 3 Days you can go from 3DS MAX being your modelling solution to GameSpace Light, because you know if i had the choice between knowing 3ds max as you have said in your first post, and then switching over to GameSpace Light, I would do it too, and make something just as crappy..

THEN somehow someway, you pull a showlin monk as your Next Chara Model..simply amazing.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "THEN somehow someway, you pull a showlin monk as your Next Chara Model..simply amazing.
"

Because Poser 4 is his modeler of choice. remember? let alone 3dsmax and game space light...and what ever tommorows flavour is.
Zedane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 22:59
yep, if your going to lie, atleast lie consistantly.

around here.. normal's just a setting on a hair dryer
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 23:38
I don`t HAVE 3d studio max , but i do have poser.

and in poser you create a character with a few clicks of your mouse...then you can customize it how ever you like , move , it , change position , add files for objects like swords or anything..

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 19:55
Dodic IS poser.

LOL

Will

Team leader of Games Mad! and 3D designer, modeller and animator for Cyrain Studios.
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
@dodic-
You should try to post less of your projects, just a hint. Not because some people think they are spam, but because you will have more tiime to decide if the project is worth posting at that time. I have only posted a few post(about maybe 50 max)and only one/two are about any projects I have made. Those two are the two I am willing to finish because I know I can accomplish it and I know what I am doing/where I am going. I have countless projects on my hard drive of things I had playe around with or tested, but I don't post them, because I know they are not worth posting. Not many people will go for a dark basic cd player, that its only controls for tracks are the arrow keys and the only thing on the screen is a radom picture. People want to see and participate in something they can relate to, and they want something that doesn't look like if they helped you with your code, that they would be wasting thier time. If you can catch onto this, your "forum life" will be much easier and people less fiesty.

1% done... [href]www.x-streamsystems.tk[/href]... no wait, I don't have the rights to this domain anymore... Now it's [href]xstreamsystems.freespaces.com[/href]
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 06:18
Yeap , i`l take it ! (your advice) .

I`m now sorry i posted this thread (along with few others..) , but i`l try to make it better if i slow down with posting threads ..

new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 03:49
just give it... like... 75 more features and it's good.

Joey Bondage
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah! Awesome doood! Goood luck whit your proj. man

I know why Superman left Krypton. Earth was the only place he could get steroids!
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 04:51
Wow, 37 posts and only one of them about the actual topic. (The first one)

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 05:53
dark basic visual editor.... another reason to use SwiftIDE

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 13:38
@ Dodic,

Slightly off topic, but how do you convert animated 3d men in poser ultimately to 3d objects in DBPro - it is a problem which has vexed me for years.... I've tried the medium of Milkshape3D, groups joining to joints etc etc.... never got to the end of the puzzle though - the anim exports from poser just cant be used (the .bvf or whatever animation export files)... any clue(s)?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 15:10
Dodic, the only difference between you and an average newbie is that your posting about every project you start - we all have lots of projects that probably won't get finished, the important thing this early in the DB experience though is to simply learn. As long as your getting better then don't worry about having too many projects, but it is always a good idea to have a decent sized project on the go, that you can come back to as you learn more cool stuff. The bigger projects need WIP threads, especially when your making a game and have a demo you'd like people to try - it's not a good idea to have a lot of WIP threads though, nobody will take any of them seriously when there's more than 1 or 2.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 16:29
To VanB : Yeap i know that now , but before a month or so i was just ... about i don`t why so i posted a little too much , i know that now and i won`t continiue with posting like that .

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 18:21
@ Dodic,

See my message two back - any help or pointers you could give on lo poly poser models and animations and how if at all it is possible to import them, models and most importantly .bvh into DBPro???

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 18:24
save it to 3DS or X file format and load it into DBC

i might make a DLL sometime.

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 21:36
@dodic

No offence but please please stop posting new threads so much

I have posted 3 wips in the time i have been here most update threads

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/csimon/spain03/days2_3.htm << where i went for my holiday or www.portaventura.es
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 23:17
@DarkBasic MAD : None taken , i fully agree with you !

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 23:19
@ dumbo,

were that it were so simple - if you have a lo poly poser 2 model with 30 frames of animation, try and export it whatever - .obj, .3ds etc - it will only export 30 different object files - one for each frame! - you can export the animation as a bvh file - and then the torment really starts - theres a link somewhere on the forum to the last chap who thought he had the solution - in milkshape 3d import skeleton from .bvh, then import poser conversion to milkshape3d, tie each named group to a joint, save and then when you have your skeleton joints tied to your groups in the one milkshape file you can save out and import at your leisure whatever bvh animations you like - sounds good dosnt it - only it dont work - not at all - the skeleton from the bvh is massive compared to the converted to .3ds or whatever 3d object file imported into milkshape and when you animate the object 'explodes' with various body parts jumping around the screen to the point of lunacy - ie. dont work...

I have even tried saving out each limb in poser as a seperate object and loading in to dbpro as meshes as limbs etc and then joining them correctly and saving out and exporting from dbo - still dont work

@ dodic - any pointers>? you have poser - have you been able to make use of it with DBPro?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:45:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:45:16