Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player character...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 02:04
I would like to know if there is a way to make the player a character. I don't want my players saying "why am I invisible?!" Then going " " at me.

The GMC- Game Maker's Corner!
www.delta1z2.proboards49.com
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
You'll have to make a nice excuse, since it's not possible.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
delta1z3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 02:09
V2 people!! V2.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 15:18
Seriously doubt it will be in V2.

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 15:30
Have you tried modelling a pair of arms and your own gun?

I've been planning on testing out some armed weapons in FPSC, I'll pop back and post about how I did it (if it works, which it better ).

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 00:24
You means like F.E.A.R? (to see your arms, legs, feet, etc.)
Yea it's possible, model it

Skalex - Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
It won't be animated ya know? Meaning, if you are walking you won't see your feet moving etc.

Or am I missing somehting?

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
delta1z3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 02:06
You don't need the feet. The arms and hands will do. most FPS's don't include the feet or body. Just got to wait...

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 03:38
Quote: "It won't be animated ya know? Meaning, if you are walking you won't see your feet moving etc.

Or am I missing somehting?"

You are missing something
There are animation for when player walks, so the legs can be animated...

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 09:19
But you'd never see your feet .

The player model would have to be the gun and arms, if you added legs, you could never see them because everytime you try to look down they'd be rotated with the gun.

Van-B

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 10:55 Edited at: 5th Jan 2006 10:58
New weapons and arms can be gotten into FPSC thats not really a problem - others have done it and I have too and posted some shots in the appropriate forum to show this. I have not animated them yet but dont see that as being a major probelm either - it just requires a lot of work.

If you could actually have more control of the camera you probably use a third person player now but without the camera control it would be difficult to get a realistic view of a player currently as I see it as the view would always show the player from a fixed position behind the player character. With enough work I could probably trick FPSC into displaying a full player character, but the camera view would be the problem as it would be as I suggested. Collision and getting up ladders, manouvering in tight places and so on might be difficult so it may not work. Changing weapons and many other things may be also difficult to work around. Really its a job for TGC to make things a little more helpful to aid those who want to attempt doing it without TGC actually doing all thats needed by supplying full third person capability. We could use a little more flexibility if nothing else.

You really need multiple and various camera views to do third player perspectives any justice or otherwise its going to look very unprofessional and best left alone - but I may have a go at that down the road as an experiment when I have made more progress on the rest of level development.

At least new characters and weapons with hands are doable and thats progress.

Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm still honestly puzzled with this thread. For some reason I read all different things in each post.

I think what the original poster wanted to say was: a full body character, thus, seeing the arms, but also the feet for instance. Not the head or shoulders (it is first person view, no?)

Even if it is possible to put the whole thing there, even if we don't see the feet as VanB quite wisely says, where would we say that there's an animation of the feet moving when walking/running?

Hands is obvious: just put it on the weapon model. The rest, to me is completely impossible where we stand.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 15:19
If you can place hands as part of a weapon - theres no reason from an entity point of view that you could not add the rest of the body, which as with a weapon could be possibly be aninmated and positioned forward of the current weapon position. That would give the appearance of a Third person view but as said I have no idea what other problems that would throw up - a lot I guess. Only one way to find out and its not going to be me at least at the moment to try and test that out. Not on my priority list at the moment, maybe later if no other options become available.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 15:50
The weapon meshes are most likely glued to the screen, so 3rd person would just look rediculous.

To use a full body you'd need a pair of legs to follow the player round, they could'nt be part of the weapon mesh if you ever wanted to see them.

FPSC is just not cut out for third person cameras, the best bet would be to use the DBPro loader and leave FPSC for level editing, turning the DBPro loader into a 3rd person engine might be worth looking into if anyone is serious about 3rd person modes.

But I'm guessing the originator here is more interested in seeing arms on those weapons and maybe a pair of legs when he looks down.

Van-B

delta1z3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 23:17
Quote: "You don't need the feet. The arms and hands will do. most FPS's don't include the feet or body. Just got to wait... "

First Person only. I'm not totally all about Third Persons.

Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
It's just a modeling thing than. And in that case it has nothing to do with a possible V2.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 04:39 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 04:40
Quote: "The weapon meshes are most likely glued to the screen, so 3rd person would just look rediculous"

The weapon meshes are not glued to the screen in as much as you can move them around wherever you want within reason. I dont know what distances you could actually induce as I have not tried pushing a weapon too far forward for instance, but you can move them in all directions - I can. The camera on the other hand at least by default is what is glued to the screen.

Theres no reason I can see why you cant make a full entity character become in theory a weapon and see the whole of the character - though I have not tried it to confirm that. I will at some time perhaps just for the hell of it.

As you and I pointed out it would not look very professional even if you could and would prob throw up many other issues anyway.

Camera control is needed to do it properly. No other way and TGC I guess would have to release that.
delta1z3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 01:12
OKay. Get that Third person shooter stuff out! I'm talking about FPS! Make a thread about it!

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 03:51
Quote: "The player model would have to be the gun and arms, if you added legs, you could never see them because everytime you try to look down they'd be rotated with the gun."

hmm, never thinked to that
Anyway, legs are in a few commercial titles. Arms and hands are in alamost all commercial games, so it's better to add hands.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 03:57
Van B, if I added a small code that loaded a "PlrModel", does it need to be animated to move with the gun, or could the hand be like joined or something with the gun? So that it mimics the guns movements (But is still a separate model)

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
delta1z3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 22:58
What about reloading? If the hands are stuck to the gun, then you have a problem. Shooting would be okay.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 02:45
Just make the gun drop off the screne.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 03:50
You don't know what I am talking about...
Mabey I should ask the DBP'rs

"*cursewords*"

Mabey not...

I know you can attach a model to a model, not physically, but by code. I also think that you can put markers on weapons to indicate where the hand should be.

My question is, can you have the hand REALLY attached to the model so that it animates with the model?

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 06:15 Edited at: 12th Jan 2006 06:16
Quote: "My question is, can you have the hand REALLY attached to the model so that it animates with the model?"

If I understand what you are looking for correctly (and perhaps I dont) of course you can. If any object is animated, boned and rigged one with another in a model editor it will be as attached or to put it another way as said - will move in a co-ordinated fashion with another model part whether the mesh is physically joined or not.

What you see in your modeller should be what you get in FPSC.

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 09:25
Im currently attacking a MP5 along side two arm's including animation for reload, firing and general carrying. So far it's coming along well and all my test's in 3DS Max 8 are working the way I want them. Of cause, as it's well known, animation work is a pain in the backside it's taking quite some time. Also since Im still having problem's getting weapon's in to FPSC it may be a week or two before I can show you the elbow, hand and mp5 animation's. (Im not going to record out of 3DS as I dont think it would do it justice.)

Tal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:17:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:17:44