Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 06:01
Has anyone gotten an arena game up and running? Every one that I make just hangs and ends up not responding. I don't think its my firewall. I set up permission for the game before I ran it, just like any other online game I run. They work.

Also, has anyone been able to get pure darkness for ambience? I edit the maingame project file and set ambience to 0 and everything is just grey and I can see complete distance. I also changed the RGB components to 0 in the file, same thing. All kinds of problems tonight.

FPSC is starting to remind me of the lottery: You buy a scratch-off ticket with high hopes only to lose when your done.

Lon

[url=http://www.Chiselbrain.com]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 06:47 Edited at: 5th Jan 2006 06:48
Hi Lon,

Nice to see you back posting here and that you are still working away.

I have an arena game that works made with V1 after starting it with the V1 Betas used for testing out MP in Beta.

I have not made one since as I think MP bugs and issues still make MP unworkable for me at least.

The MP game I have complete works fine (eventually) though I have a 10 minute wait at a black screen before the game actually loads fully and activates - and I only play it over LAN so cant say how stable MP is over the Web. Apparently not very, which is why I presume there dont seem to be much activity that I am aware of in the area of FPSC MP games online.

I have an indoor level that has ambience set right down and as far as I can tell light does reduce at low ambience settings though as I have some lights in the level I am not sure how the compiler works out the ligtmapping across levels in reflecting light - it seems too so you may not get absolute black if you have any lights in the level. In theory you should attain complete darkness with ambience at 0 and no lights and at least reducing light the greater the distance from any light source - that goes without saying.

One thing I have seemed to notice is that the skybox used seems (and perhaps its my imagination?) to affect ambience. It may be worth experimenting with making a skybox with a black or near black texture applied? if anyone cares to experiment.

Black fog might be useful but we will have to wait and see if we ever get that.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Quote: "FPSC is starting to remind me of the lottery: You buy a scratch-off ticket with high hopes only to lose when your done."

I hope that you have better luck than me with the Lottery - but I must be careful what I say about FPSC lest I start a war.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:35