Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / autodesk 3ds max 8 and FPS?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 19:10
Is FPS compatible with autodesk 3ds max 8? Autodesk is a pretty cool program but I tried to import a model to strip the texture from it and it did not recognise the format. any help?

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 22:24 Edited at: 5th Jan 2006 22:27
3ds max is more than a pretty cool program... But anyway, 3ds max will not import directx models on its own. But you can get a plugin for max at [href]www.maxplugins.de[/href].

It will take 2 or 3 minutes to load a model from FPSC into 3ds max because there is LOTS of animation data to analyze.

Not quite sure what you mean "strip the texture from it". All the textures in FPSC are separate from the models and are in .dds format which you can modify or change altogether. But if you want to change the UV coordinates than yes, you will have to do that in 3ds max.
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 22:31
[quote].dds format which you can modify or change altogether
open the dds file with nero phtosnap viewer ,save as tga 'alter it to ya heart content' then re-name the ext. back dds ...

http://www.freewebs.com/ultraplex/index.htm
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2006 18:03
lock thread please

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2006 01:42
eh i dont remember posting in this thread...???

Never eat yellow snow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:26:24