Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / help me plz...anyone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 05:42
alright.....heres the thing...i get a white screen after i press ESC from my test game mode thing

yess ive uninstalled

yess ive delete everyhing possible

yess i got 512 mb RAM

any other usggestions?!?!?

classic rock till I die
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 14:13 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 14:14
YES!!!!!!!

W a i t

I have loads of RAM and a v fast processor -

Everynow and then it does this. After Ive waited (sometimes like 5 minutes or more) it goes back to the map editor.

Go make a brew - go have a cig (or dont if your under 16 or value your lungs) and then come back.

Computers are crazy - what can I say.

DAB Studios
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 14:40
It'll be Lee cleaning the memory for us.

No doubt he has a ninja PC so hasn't noticed, but when you go through all the texture and models and delete them to free up the memory, it takes ages. One of my DBPro games suffers from the same problem, when you quit out it cleans up after itself and causes a delay in some PC's, like 3 or 4 minutes. The solution to that was to Alt+F4 to quit right out without going through the cleanup, dunno if that would work with FPSC. Cleaning up the memory when an application is done should leave the PC in a better state than not, like when you try to play too many games between reboots, your memory get's clogged up and the PC eventually crashes - which nobody wants while working on their FPSC game.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 15:03 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 15:20
Yeah -

Every hour or so working on FPSC I save and reboot. Just helps the system stay clean and smooth.

You can Alt+tab it to the map editor - this sometimes wakes it up, but can also help freeze the system up completely.

Or ctrl+alt+del it, sometimes just bringing up taskmanager kickstarts it into life too, without having to actually do anything.

I still say wait tho - just let it do its course.

DAB Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:31:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:31:40