Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / maya export how do i do it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i use maya alot and i was wondering if i cound export some how from maya to fpscreator.

i have read the last message that says to

1. model with .x extension
2. texture file for the model
3. FPE file for the model

im having troudle with what .x extension means and how to make an fpe
file someone please help
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2006 18:34 Edited at: 6th Jan 2006 18:37
Look in your entitybank folder. For each model you will see an FPE file that can be opened in notepad. The easiest way to make one is to copy and rename an existing one. And fill in the specifics for your model, the fields are pretty self-explanatory.

The .x file IS the model, it contains all the geometry information. This is what you will export from Maya. The .dds file is the texture file. And the FPE file instructs FPSC how to use these files.
the programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you now i now how to import into fpscreator, but when i open it all it is a white egg shape thing,how do i make it the object heres how i did it in steps tell me if i did somthinf rong?

1 i copyed the entity and its icon
2 i opended the the file for the entity
3 deleted all things inside of the file
4 opened my thing in notepad >select all>copy>past in file for the entity>save
5 i open it in fpsc and it does not work all you see is white egg thing
6 1 test game and it is not there .need alitle moore help thanks though for the other thing though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:20:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:20:28