Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 1 very noobish question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im making a zombie game. (non-comercail) and i was just wondering 2 things? how would i make it so my zombies are laying down then wehn the player gets close stands up. and 2 only like 3 of my zombies come after me and if i run far enough they will stop chasing me and stand and stop chasing me how do i make it so they all chase me?
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I never tried to edit the fpe file in order to make a negative movement, but if that's possible (maybe someone else tried it, I haven't so I'm notsure), than it should be pretty easy with the "death" animation. If the player is in zone, then that animation would occur.

The second one, if you alter the state of the zombie if player is within the zone or out of the zone, or at some distance, might work. You can do some tests with this hints, but I better leave it to the scripting masters.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 05:42
Search for "Zombies" in the Scripts section. I had a thread with two good AI scripts (which you put in the "Main" section in the zombie's properties), which will stop chasing you when you get far enough away.

In the models section, if you look around there will be the Half-Life 2 animated model, along with a "hl2zombie.fpi" script, which will do the same thing. There is also a different model ("Psionic's Zombie") which uses the same script.

Like Vlad said, if you tinker with the .fpe, you should be able to get the zombie to get up, but it'll take some work.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
Gamerboy
Years of Service
User Offline
that zombie mele script were they attack you with there arms is what im using thoe.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:23:14