Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Noobish Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 16:39 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 16:58
Hello,

I have a question to ask that I have been searching in the manual for and have not found an answer for:

How do I change the settings for the player such as health value at the start of the level?

EDIT: Also, how do you get rid of the yellow text at the bottom of the screen?

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 17:02
right click playter arrow icon after you place it to alter stuff
and get rid of the text? you gotta make a .exe for that...dont worry about the text

The funky fresh is back in the flesh with vengence homes!
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, how about the health problem? 500 health is way to much.

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 19:41
bloodeath kinda just said.....

you place a start marker

then you right clickon it

ta-da!!!! And your totally right. 500 is way too much

As an aside - how ever many lives you put on your first level player marker will stay with you for the rest of your built game.

DAB Studios
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Also, it states quite clearly about this in the manual. In the Markers Section (6.3 I think) it very clearly states all the right-click options of Player STart and what they do. One of them is health and it very clearly states: Changes the amount of Health which the player starts with at beginning of level or something like that...
himynameisali
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 22:35
FPS Mastermind - Ha! More like 'FPS In one ear and out the other',

Lol I'm just kiddin'

" The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it... "

- Albert Einstein
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2006 22:39
I'm not sure if I should congratulate you, or honor you, Malakai. HOW about BOTH!

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Read my thread on the WIP board. I am more talented than you think you bunch of noobs. See, I have been learning DarkBasic Pro for the past three/four months, and I have it down now. FPSC is just poorly documented.

Hah! Updated my sig now!

Check out my new game: Dawn of the War on the WIP board.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah ah ah-calm down, FPS Mastermind. You know we're just messing. wait a minute....noob? n00b? *gasp* YOU CALLED ME A N00B!!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 01:04
Actually, you have been messing with it for the past 2 months, unless you want to change your statments.

FPSC is only poorly documented for those who have a poorly developed mind. It is a POINT and CLICK interface! If you can't figure it out within an hour, then you are doomed. And don't complain about scripting, you claim to be a programmer, and any programmer should be able to pick that up almost instantly. Look at a few examples, just read the list, and you have it all.

And now you are calling me a n00b. I doubt you know what the word means. You seem sooo superior, you even back talked a guy who had DBP for over 3 years. "I know EVERYTHING and I've had it 2 months".

Don't refer me to that WIP, FPS' are probally one of the easiest things to program (With DBP, program in a big language, call DX, yeah, that is harder)... of course half of the people who come here are morons so they have no clue what needs to happen.

But further more, why are you messing with FPSC unless you are really using FPSC to run the game?

Finally, Shut UP. I am sick of your lip and have yet to actually SEE an outputed work. Screenshots are not proof of work, they are proof of model.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am more talented than you think you bunch of noobs."

Glad you don't need help from us low-lifes then.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 01:48
I take back you insulting Malakai, That is really Alim, the Forum Clown. Once changed his name 50 times in the same day! And is still changing to hide his identity.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Nicely said, Merranvo!
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
You guys do not understand that FPSC stinks. Look at the thread. It is getting amazing comments.

Hah! Updated my sig now!

Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 22:34 Edited at: 13th Jan 2006 22:42
At this point in time FPSC is the best product of its kind. Of course though its not great regardless of being the best. Its the first one ever so excpect it to be rough around the edges. Yes it was scripted pourly and is sluggish and unpowerful but it will get better. If i compared this to RPGmaker though in terms of ease of use, flexibility and versatility (WITHOUT SCRIPTING) i'd say RPG maker was a billion times better. But you have to realize that went through many versions. Perhaps TGC should take a look at it(RPGmaker) and see how they can make it more user friendly and open more options. for example you could open up a menu on any object and add AI to it without figuring out script. you would merely sift through the menu and find kinds of actions for example walking and you could set specific walking paths, speed and what not. And the whole "events" feature was just awsome. I think FPSC's "zones" are are the epitome of lame. The should empliment an "Event" option similar to RPGmaker in the very near future. I'm not a programmer I dont have the patients or the time, or i guesse i just find it too confusing. anyway thats my two cents.

Inquisitive? Yes
You can't learn if you don't ask.
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
no

Shadow
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2006 22:43
no? what do you mean?

Inquisitive? Yes
You can't learn if you don't ask.
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
lol Pantaloon

Shadow
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 12:54
Quote: "

"

Just spotted that in your old sig

Although my opinion will change, the fact that I am right will not.
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
And that was in there from when I was here at the beginning. I am pretty good with FPSC, and I can do some scripting, but I am starting to find that it is very buggy, some options are not straight forward, and the product stinks.

Hah! Updated my sig now!

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 19:10 Edited at: 14th Jan 2006 19:13
In answer to your question.The yellow text is only there in the test game mode,and is there for test purposes ie to show you the frame rate,number of polys etc..Also in test mode your health is always set to 500.The values you set in the player start marker only show ,and come into effect,when the game is built.

A bit of friendly advice FPS Mastermind.I have been using darkbasic and darkbasic Pro since they were first released and even after this time do not consider myself an expert.You never stop learning and I think part of the problem with this thread is everyones attitude.

The answers I have given above were all taken from the manual that was downloaded with FPS Creator.Please read it completely and in depth.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 20:08
@westray, you said exactally what I was going to say before, only didn't because this guy clames to have mastered 5 different languages...

Merranvo, The Cool One
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Merranvoidiot. Go back to your HQ of the anti-fart thing or whatever. Let the thread die!

Hah! Updated my sig now!

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:00
Funny, you just posted in this thread but 2 hours ago...
And you still haven't explained why you are using FPSC.

Merranvo, The Cool One
westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:09 Edited at: 14th Jan 2006 21:10
@ FPS Mastermind

It is because of your kind of behaviour that I very seldom post on the forums.Merranvo has ,I admit,a strange sense of humour but he is always willing to help if the question is genuine and he is listened to.
Please [b]Grow up.
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
That is why I am no longer going to be using FSPC, because you are all noobs. You think that because you can do some dragging and dropping with a little scripting means that you are the best. Well, I have learn DBP and now I am getting amazing comments on my game's level editing capabilities. See ya and let the thread die!

Hah! Updated my sig now!

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:24
Let us see your game then.Oh,by the way,I never boast and I am no noob.Just somebody who works away trying to figure things out and most importantly,having fun doing it.Your sig. gives away your arrogance bye.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 21:48
@FPS Mastermind:
I would like to point at something that you probally ignored.
This thread, and your Advanced FPSC thread were made at Jan 7. 1 day latter you have a DBP FPS Engine. Even if you worked on the engine all this time, why go to FPSC? If you were but a day to compleation in your own engine, to me, the cercumstances seem odd.

I am still waiting on your video, from 4 days ago.

Merranvo, The Cool One
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Because, I thought that FPSC would be a fun tool to check out, and it has prooven to be one. I have not been able to figure out half the stuff on it, though. It is just very buggy. I really am sorry if I have flamed at you. I have been working with DBP really hard for about 4 months. I have finally come up with something good. Also, it is mostly the texturing that gives the big oohs and ahhs.

Hah! Updated my sig now!

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 09:48
Quote: "because you are all noobs."

Do you even know what does it mean?
It means NEWBIE!
I am not a n00b! I have worked out with FPSC something like 4 months!
And if someone is a n00b, it's you FPS Mastermind!

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone looked at my WIP thread on the WIP board?

Hah! Updated my sig now!

westray
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2006 17:01
Images look impressive.Give us a video or downloadable demo if you can.
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure. I am working out some bugs right now with the objects just disappearing. I am trying to make the frames higher by hiding objects that are not in sight, but some will not come back into sight. A little bug that I will tweak.

Hah! Updated my sig now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:24:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:24:33