Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Devil World (name is going to change)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 20:48
Hi everyone i am now ready to realese info mation about my latest game.
Devel world is an rpg/rts.You can play as an evil God(rts), Minion/devil(rpg) or a warrior. Youcan command slaves to build buildings in your dark world or train up yuor strength to fight good. or as a minion you can help find usefull items too help you on your quest.

no screen shots yet i am afraid because models need improving the rts partion is 20% complete the rpg as it is bigger is only 10% complete just tell me what u think of this game in development.
KITTY
TRS80Model1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 20:57
Sounds kinda like Black and White
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:04
Wots black and white

KITTY
Speedhorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:11
He means the computer game "Black And White"

Ralph, Jesus didn't have wheels.
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:19
ah right i get u now do u really think so

KITTY
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:22
i think it sounds like 'RGB(0,0,0) And RGB(255,255,255)'

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:24
petrat i'm begining to think you're all drugged up somedays...

kitty perhaps some additional information, perhaps a little indepth story background while we wait for the screenshots

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 21:32
right ok. To start off you can chosse either to be the evil diety and build up yourhome base(simple).or chose to be a warrior now the warriors task is to hust out the 7 chossen ones and to basicly destroy them (this will basically be lick the old link quests with dungeons and items and basically a full rpg) as for the minion his fate has yet to be decided i hope that has cleared a bit of it up the complete story is bieng worked on at the mo and the engine and models are 40% complete along with the demo level. ()

KITTY
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2003 22:57
sounds cool, is it your first major project in dark basic? if it is then good luck and aim to impress ^_^

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2003 04:46
Make some 'eye candy' shots at first to get people interested You think Link Games looked good at the start when they released those shots?! NO! EYE CANDY IS GOOD!! Lol make sure your engine is silky smooooth though

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!
diablowhm
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds like itll be cool i wish i was good enough to be able to make something like that... iv only been able to mkae pong and some crappy text adventure games

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 02:16
Sounds interesting but the AI in Black and White is seriouse stuff. I do suggest you look at it for reference so that you stand out from it.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2003 06:55
if she wants the Ai similar to B&W standard... she best grab a book about Ai - cause that Pete Moyloux (i know i know, i'll get it right someday) is one clever bugger

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 02:27
The different levels of AI as seen by Pneumatic Dryll:

1) Pre-programmed Routes.
2) Pre-defined Triggers.
3) Heuristics.
4) Heuristic Decision with Command Heirarchy influence.
5) Heuristic Task Based Dynamic Command Heirarchies.
6) Heuristic Multi-Dimensional Task Based Dynamic Command Heirarchies.
7) Peter Molynoux.

Most commercial software is at level 4.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 09:22
lol i like that... Pete has his own type
i know another person who should have her own type as well, but no-one would know of her - Michelle Ceres

i'm sure over the next 2years she is gonna leap into the limelight (^_^) - she likes to be called Mike, which was very disconseting cause i thought she was a guy for like a year (never met her til like last November) ... but she is an Ai genius, and i don't praise people lightly as ya'll probably know

i'll see if she can code something in Pro for all - but like when i first met her she made this Ai for a guard dog, that would be on the prowl ... and you had to get across like this compound without altering it.
If you were downwind it'd sniff you out, and by making alot of movement would alert it you were there. If you made too much noise it'd hear you - god it was just breathtaking to play

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 11:36
Well I achieved level 4 as far back as Gettin' Shot Up, and that's about as much as we ever seem to get in commercial games.

However I am hoping to get to grips with level 6 for the AI in my Terrascape project, which will be somewhat of a jump but i've got most of it planned out.

I still bow my hat off to true exception though, Mike (you are right that is disconcerting) certainly has a lot of things being factored in her routine, but I wonder what it would have run like with 100 dogs?

I appreciate that a compound with just one adversary could be a great game if well written, but to me it is true testemony of great AI to get 100, 500 or even 1000 AI's doing that and working in co-herence with each other in real time, now that's the sort of tallent that Peter and a select few others have that I want to excede

Mind you one aspect of what Mike did really intrigues me, being downwind !? WTF - how was that represented in the game? Did you get gusts of wind pick up - did you feel your shirt rustle and get goose bumps ? If that was well implemented then i'd love to have played it.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 15:05
well basically there was a flag in the courtyard ... and thats basically how you knew where the wind was comming from - and i later added a scarf to the player just to know exactly (that was after she finally told me that it could smell where my player was lol)

you had 5 dogs within the courtyard itself, plus 2 more dogs with 2guys patrolling... the thought behind it was "hey why don't we make an MGS clone for the PC" - the Ai was pretty intensive, i required a P3-400 | 32Mb Ram | 16Mb Direct3D Card

i worked on the graphics for it, making the models and the compound - i knew roughly where everything was ... but still the dogs were bloody intelligent buggers. She was gonna go onto enhancing the peoples intelligence - the aim was to have a base with a realistic number of personel of like 40 people + 10 animals, and everyone would tinker about thier daily tasks.

it was a good idea, and the demo we finished as a tech test got noticed by a few mates and shortly afterwards she got a contract to work for Epic Software
i'm not actually sure where she works right now, i think she's living mostly off what i offered her for Space Hulk (which certainly wasn't cheap) ... but the Ai in that, is enough to scare the living crap out of you.

But i reckon it wouldn't take much to recreate our MGS attempt would be a cool test

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 17:25
sounds VERY cool... is there any way we could play this? Or see a screenshot maybe?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 03:07
i'd like to hear some more about Kitties game (^_^)

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 15:15
goto the new thread city of the damed

Darkworlds are all around us just open your eyes
Most of us are still half asleep
RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
Something like Dungen Keeper idea and Black & White gameplay !

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2003 17:56 Edited at: 5th Apr 2003 18:21
Right ok time for an update.

I am now not making this game but i have put its contents into another project which is all ready underway called Creature Tournement .

It will be a game where you raise up your cretures experiance,magic points defense etc and then participate in turn based battles.

There will be tournaments and im also hoping for an internet game as well (can i do that in DBC?)
hope this sounds ok screenshots are a while of as the engine needs to be fine tuned and models need to be made for the creatures

i need to finish off the battle system and make a tournement level.

Creatures:
There will be 5 cretaures to choose from at the begining although i dont know yet.(creatures are currently cube,sphere,cone,cylinder and box)

there we go and as rich says Cheers

Darkworlds are all around us just open your eyes
Most of us are still half asleep
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2003 00:07
Pneumatic Dryll forgot the negative levels of AI's or as I like to call them
AS's (Artificial Stupidities):

-3) Neurotics
-2) Moronics
-1) Autistics
0) Inanimates

Inanimates just sit there, so stoopid they can't make any kind of decision at all, they consist of code which always cancells out, divides by zero, or goes into endless loops.

Autistics just follow the player around no matter what.
Moronics just go in a straight line, bashing their heads into walls repeatedly.
Neurotics use so many needless random functions without any smoothing at all, that they just jitter about crazily, and are my personal favourites

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 00:25
Hey you new game sounds like a pokemon, dragon warrior monster rip off, but there is still room in the world for one more like them.

genryu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 15:10
they should be origanal desings not pokemon or stuff like that

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 21:35
HI
Just like to say my game is not influenced by pokemon or other crap like that if it is influenced by anything it would be street fighter! I know that sounds odd but i have always liked rpgs and fighting games and i was thinking of a game where it would have the battles of a fighter but you should be able to train your creature up.

I came up with this idea(i havent decided on real time or turn based battles yet depend how the engine turns out).

You have one creature and you keep it throughout the game . You participate in tournaments and maybe a side quest or two if i have the time and energy.

There is no catching monsters in pokemon there are 3 main creatures to chose from now and 2 hidden ones if you no how to get them.

Thanx for reading bye

Darkworlds are all around us
most of us are still half asleep
Current project : Creature tournament
genryu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 12:49 Edited at: 9th Apr 2003 12:54
there should be more characters not just five street fighter is an amazing game
by the way jamie this is carl

Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 21:18 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 21:21
hi
because of your suggestions the story line is changing and i will make sure your ideas go into the final product and by the way carl get to work on that concept art .

Darkworlds are all around us
most of us are still half asleep
Current project : Creature tournament
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 17:05 Edited at: 20th Apr 2003 17:16
The story line has changed yet again, The code has changed yet again, The characters have changed yet again. But know we have got something we are happy with it is called the myth of Kati,to go with this our website has been revamped yet we are still finishing it off.

The story as it stands is looking good ive just finished writing the opening story and it looks great.

Cant reveal to much at this stage but prepare yourselves alot of this is taken from city of the damneds old story but ive given it a little twist.

If you have complaints about my sig plz say so

See ya

“LIFE IS NOT CHOSEN IT IS SOMETHING THAT IS GIVEN” -KATI

http://embark.to/darkgames
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 17:23
sig is a little big, but It doesn't bother me.

Although some ppl it might.

Anyways, it looks good

(Current)-making plans for 2d fighter-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-All other projects cancelled for now-
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 22:39 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2003 21:37
thanx yellow i have changed my sig now it is a tincy bit smaller

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:43:43