Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / game ideas. stumped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok lately i have been really stumped for game ideas so i made this, i hope if enough peaple anser this will be stickied.

Things you would like to see in games, and things that make games scary are the topics.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
What make games are scary are as follows:
-Darkness
-Creatures
-Flickering lights
-Wide open spaces which are mostly dark
-Lots of corners and things such as desks which creatures jump out from to make you jump
Zeppelin Fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 02:56
ya...thats scary but i got some other thing...real scary music when ur in dark corners..ya..think about it..
also:
-random loud screams when its dark
-gun shots near you, but you dont where its coming from
-dogs jmp out at you then run away howling
ya ya...ur scared now eh...ur crapped ur pants!!!

classic rock till I die
Gamerboy
Years of Service
User Offline
lol. in my opinion what makes a game scarey is the players fear of the unknown, like your in a graveyard and its real dark out you keep hearing these scarwy noises but you dont know what it is or where it will come from! also surprises are good like you play a sound reapedely and the first 1-2 times the player will be scared 3 and 4 the player will begin to ignore it and then on 5 whaam! the creature pops up right in your face!
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 05:05
I have scared people in quake III arena and jk-jedi academy games...
Someone told me my darkness mod made them embarrased because they ... manured in their pants.

Heres some ideas -
Starts off - You fight of some thugs, easy stuff, then later in the level, you walk into an ally, where you find three. They have alot of health, so when you hit one... next thing the screen blacks out for about 5 secs, while you hear screams, scratches, clothes ripped, splat and tear sounds.

And then when the screen unblanks, the ally is completely destroyed, and the thugs are suddenly missing various limbs, hanging upside down on hooks, with hellish signs of cuts all over their bodies.

Then when you get out of the ally, the lighting suddenly turns red (done with triggers, large light 10 layers up is white at first, but when you hit the trigger going out the ally, it turns red)

Then you walk into a meat shop, and you find a corpse of a butcher, then its yellow light turns red. Next thing you know, (Make a model or skin), another butcher has been mutated and runs at you with a bloody butcherknife

That would make just about anyone start screaming, and never turn their lights on again. After doing something like that, you can come up with more =-)

(Oh, and in the "Destroyed" areas, always add lots and lots of blood splats)...

Does that sound horror enough for you?

Now you can't call colors violent can you?
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 08:30
Scary us Doom3...

Exciting is Quake 4

If you have the full version, or the demo of Doom3 you should play through the second level. Even when nothings gone wrong it still feels scary, and when it does the scare factor goes up 10fold.

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:19:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:19:02