Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / export and re-import model...resolving insane loading time...?????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think a big factor in the load time is the size of the character model files. Each one is nearly 3mb in size, so that can add up very quickly if each one needs loaded into RAM.

"..And the animations are to blame for the large file size. Every character in FPSC contains ALL the animations used in FPSC. In other words, if your character is set up to hold a pistol, it also contains the animations for the bazooka, grenade, unarmed, sniper, and rifle type characters, even though they won't be used. That's a big waste IMO.

I might re-export each character and strip out all the animations that won't be specifically used for its weapon type. Just a guess, but I bet load times drop dramtically..."

????export and re-import???? why?

HELP ME!!!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
I was the original poster of that quote. The size of the animation file is huge. If I strip out the animations that won't be used for the particular character, the file size would go from 3mb down less than 1mb (I've tried it so this is a fact).

Why? Because if my character is holding a pistol, it doesn't need the animations for grenade throwing, bazooka holding. sniper poses, etc.

The reason the characters were made this way was for flexibility. Any character can hold any weapon and will have all the necessary animations. But it also causes bloated files.

And when I talk about re-exporting, I'm talking about stripping the animations in 3ds max and exporting. It has nothing to do with importing from within FPSC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:21:25