Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / storyline + allies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HOw do you set up a storyline? I mean, can you have a text intro to your game or have text pop up throughout? Can you also have people help your character?
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Howdie.

You can have a storyline using huds, avis and some scripting. Check the Scripting Forum, loads of threads about it there.

You can have NPCs following you, not helping you.

V

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 18:23 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 18:24
At the mo - the only way I can think of having a NPC 'help' you, is having an NPC as a medic - having him stationary or follow waypoints to a predetermined area - perhaps having the NPC talking (sound recording) or text on screen, and then have a heal zone (perhaps with some medical equipment as entities in the same place?).

It would look like the NPC had taken you somewhere to heal you.

NPC's could also give you clues as to where to go - what to do, via sound recordings or again, text on screen.

I think (I iterate think) benjamin A did a tutorial on talking NPC's with text on screen? Hmmmm can't just remember.

Its pretty darn good.

Try a search dude.

Hope some of this helped in some way!

Mabuggi.

DAB Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:14:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:14:40