Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC in Schools

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:13
Hi, at my 6th form my head teacher is intrested in setting up a small class on which i can teach the basics of games design covering various topis as FPs, RTS and MMO's. Does anyone know if thegamecreators do network licensing etc? so more than one user can use FPSC. It would a be step for the company for its product being used in schools and Wyedean (which i attend) is the 20th best in the country (also the harry potter author JK studied here)

Please let me know

Thanks

J.Allsopp

- Solar System Studios - Developing games since 2001
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
i think so but i am not all that shure so someone else will have to awnser this for you.and that is a wonderful idea no that is the best idea i have heard yet on these forums.

Shadow
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:17 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 15:19
Check out the company website - they do Dark Basic for schools, so they MAY sort you something out.

FPSC is unusual in its licensing agreement - as its royalty free etc, the TGC guys have really gone out of their way to make an approachable and accessible product here, I quite fancy your chances tbh.

Theres a business support email form on their website - point your teacher to that.

Good luck.

I wish we had FPSC when I was at school!! Although saying that we didnt even have WINDOWS when I was at school!

Pffffffff - anyway..........

DAB Studios
Sysdevja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:18
Quote: "point your teacher to that."

I am teaching it

- Solar System Studios - Developing games since 2001
Shadows Back
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah im gana try and see if i can get it for my school altho im not in school no more but it would be good for them to learn. who knows maby they will give me a teaching job eh lol.

Shadow
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:20
Ooops -

Apologies Sysdevja.

My mistake.

But do use the business email form on the TGC website - I think its exclusively for this kind of request.

DAB Studios
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:21
You should email Rich, TGC tend to like this sort of thing, I'd bet that they'll be able to come up with some sort of deal for you.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:25
We offer substantial *educational* discounts on all our products, FPSC included. Get your school to email me for specifics. I need to know country of location (although I'm guessing UK) and number of units (discount is based on license quantity).

FPSC is in use in several Universities / schools already, so this won't be the first! But we'd be happy to add you to the list.

Exit Planet Dust
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 15:26 Edited at: 11th Jan 2006 15:28
Its good business sense. And works out well for the end user too.

I wish more companies took this attitude!

WOW.

(Rich you get my email on those screenies?)

DAB Studios
GGardar
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "FPSC is in use in several Universities / schools already, so this won't be the first! But we'd be happy to add you to the list."

Man lucky kids in school's that have fpsc, And one ? are the shchool's teching click and draw or are the making custom thing like sourch , models, huds, and scripts because the click and draw is more like fun thing in my opinion is't game design in shcools fps click and draw but programing or building cutom thing's for game engines. And if you buy a school licence then can you sell your games.

pc. Cpu: 3000 amd xp+ ram 2gb
Gamerboy
Years of Service
User Offline
wait...........what schools have DBP ill try to trasfered.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2006 21:03
i dont think its dbp that schools have...i know my school got darkbasic original...thats one of the reasons i bought dbpro...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 03:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 03:16:10