Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Doctor model for my game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 00:13
Im gonna post this here and pretend that none of that stuff happened in the team requests board so If indi RPGamer arrow DR Oocult or anyone else has a problem with me or the fact that I wanna just forget it ever happened then just tell me. Anyway, I made this model for my theme hospital game (lots left to do ) and I thought Id show it you. Its low poly for speed reasons and I think it looks cool anyway. HEHEHE I have a whole series of games planned if this one goes well. Anyway cya, and I hope people who have been offended by past posts can forget about it,

Jonny

P.S As you can imagine it didnt take me very long, im using the same model for every male charecter just adjusting the model and textures.
CURRENT PROJECT - FIGHT OF THE CENTURY VIST
http://www.freewebz.com/supermonkeysmansion
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 00:38
Hmmm..Don't quit your day job.

GodSpeed

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 00:46
HEHEHE I never said it was good, Id ont mind anyway any comment is better than no comment eh?

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
sms, simply: it's err.... good with animations.

Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:08
Before rushing in and flaming perhaps we should understand the display concept.

From my recollection of Theme Hospital it is viewed isometrically from above at a distance that the graphics would be small onscreen - it's a game that from the programmers point of view is about quantity over quality.

Upon realising and accepting that I can picture how this model is perfectly adequate for your project, also a true 3D display for theme hospital is a nice take on an under-exposed genre, well done.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:09
I was just making a suggestion. You will get better. Just keep trying and maybe using a refrence or two, that will help(It certainly helps me.) Also you may need to try another package. Only a foolish artist blames his tools, but to an extent... It's permissable. Milkshape is to MsPaint as Lightwave/Maya/Max is to Photoshop 7 loaded with every plugin. Tis just my two cents. Best of luck!

Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:10
Nah the reason there flaming is because of past posts I think, Oh well i'll take it you dont accept my apology? what do you want me to do leave?

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:13
Flaming?!Who's flaming?...nah. I just gave a piece of completely logical and relative advice...

Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:14
OK I except people opinions, as I said an opinion off someone is better thasn nothing! but I did say in the post that it was low poly and simple for the game. Also they are now not people they are SIMbians which are my simulated computer people thanks anyway,

Jonny

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:15
Past post? WTF? I don't recall any past post....Um...This is a free board. You can post as your please(with in given reason.)I have nothing against you. The is the first time I have 'met' you.

So um...fill me in. Who wants you to leave?

Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:17
NONONO i take that back I get like that some times thats what has got me this bad rep anyway forget bout it.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 01:55
god i got bored in Area, just a shithole
ho hum - at a mates waiting for her to get ready so we can drive down to Godskitchen, should be good for a few hours (^_^)

just wanna say one thing ... Brent all the advanced tools for 3d development will do is make your life easier, NOT a better artist. We use them to make a 30minutes job within Milkshape, 5minutes within Max or Maya.

if you can't achieve something in Milkshape, you can't achieve it in a more expensive product either ... and those thousands of new tools you get are no use to man-nor-beast if you havn't a clue what they do.

just my 2cents ... but i gtg now she's ready, and in under 20mins (not bad for a lass)

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2003 02:06
Um...thanks for bestowing common wisdom...however I did not say that the tools make the artist. As a matter of fact I said the opposite.
"Only a foolish artist blames his tools"

After that I felt like finding a shade of grey in the area, just for sh*ts and giggles.

"but to an extent... It's permissable"

After which I compared Highend packages to lowend ones.

But ahh thanks for you 2 cents...**Pockets Raven's 2 cents..and walks off.**

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:20:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:20:52