Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack Piracy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 00:12
Just want your thoughts on what has been happening, mainly the plagurisim of models... I completly support packs, it is what makes this community what it is, but why would you take a shortcut and send out a pack that is not your own... It is only a matter of time before all packs are banned from this community.
I am glad that the mods are taking a more active aproach to us, we definatly need it.

Your thoughts... and lets keep this civilized.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
I write and play music for a long time.

Story 1: I had a musical project that I left where I wrote everything. The guy that took care of it said that it would be tough to move on without my songs. One day I saw a rehersal and they were playing my songs. The same guy looked at me made a thumbs up and smiled.

Story 2: Played in bars with a real close friend. We did a couple of songs together, nothing serious really, just some plain ol' fun. I got tired of it (and the pay was miserable) so I left, the other fellow stayed. I once watched him play one of the songs we wrote together and he said "Now I'll play this song of mine." One of the 20 people having a drink and relaxing was me.

What do I want to say. Story 1 is ok with me. He knows that it's my work and he does not have to announce it. I always knew it was no secret and that no one would have take intelectual advantage of what I wrote.

Story 2 is not ok with me. The guy took it, made it is own, and sell it like if there was no one else involved, it was all "his".

This is what bothers me... it's so simple to say "nope, someone else did it, it's his credit, I just did this" or to send an email to ask if it's ok to use and so on. It's so simple to stay clean regarding this things...

I'm pretty sure I know everything. Doubts are something rare in me and I am never wrong, as this signature can prove.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 00:43
After buying the CityPack1, I shortly saw the locked thread about it containing models not licensed for distro. I did notice one of the models from the pack which came from http://www.3dcafe.com (the fishtank)

I am no professional model developer by far. I have gone as far as buying models in other formats, converting them, and using them for FPSC myself. I even went as far to develop a pack from a site I had done business with many times, converted the models and asked them to at least carry the packs and sell them, since it was their own models. They took no interest so I dropped the project.

I wish more modelers from other communities would start designing some for use with FPSC and of course slap a price tag to it. I am not asking for free items, just ones that allow a genere of choices. FPSC is lacking in the model area simply because:

a: FPSC is not shipped with many, pushing all games to look the same.
b: ModelPack 1 by TGC is out. Thats great, lets have more!

When it comes to models, the resources are simply not there, not yet anyway. But then again, one must remember FPSC when V1 in Sept 2005, and its only Jan 2006. Only few months have passed.

But back on the main issue, it does worry me to see packs coming out that violates copyrights. I have purchased every available pack posted on these forums to expand my game and have choice when creating a game. Sure, we could use 1000's of models to choose from, but right now they are so limited, I am going to other sites, buying other models and converting them to use in FPSC. I would rather see the money go to the community or individual who creates models directly for use for FPSC, and other formats.

But when that happens, how do we know if they are legal? Packs should be created with a concise license agreement file which states that the models were created by him/her or they have permission to post, or sell the pack if other authors were involved.

No license agreement, no sale. At least with the license agreement from the author in your hands gives you some coverage if a legal matter arises. Then its back in the authors court. But most seasoned model developers already know this.

I too am glad to see mods taking more of an active approach. I almost help the City Pack 1 author make an installer for it. Whew... Glad I did not pursue that route.

Doughboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 00:50
I'm finding it really difficult to do any custom stuff in FPSC because I can't do texture maps. I think there needs to be a hotfix asap addressing the multiple texture issue for entities.

Now!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 00:52 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 00:56
It's a shame. I'm just waiting for a model pack ban sticky...

The thing is, I can usually smell plagiarism a mile away, as can anyone who knows something about 3d modeling.

For example, someone who supposedly just starting using 3ds max or whatever suddenly has a model pack with 50 fully textured models ready for sale. C'mon, I know better.

The thing is, most people on this forum just don't realize the amount of work it takes to create an original 3d model. Yes something like a crate can be done in a few minutes, but a fully rigged character or a high-poly vehicle, ummm, no.

Hopefully recent events will curb this type of behavior. You WILL get caught...

I actually plan on releasing a pack of some sort myself. And I will have the source 3ds max files, complete with the modifier stack intact, to prove that it is my own original work.

Quote: "a: FPSC is not shipped with many, pushing all games to look the same.
"

Rastaman, whoah, you're saying that FPSC doesn't come with a good variety of models? There is a tremendous selection of models that come with FPSC, which alone are worth way more than the $50 price tag. This is coming back again to my point that most people don't realize the amount of work that goes into making 3d models.

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 00:55
Quote: "Just want your thoughts on what has been happening, mainly the plagurisim of models... I completly support packs, it is what makes this community what it is, but why would you take a shortcut and send out a pack that is not your own... It is only a matter of time before all packs are banned from this community."

Agree. I hate when people steal models and say it's their creations.

[Offtopic]Please Merranvo stop changing your name [/Offtopic]

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:02
Well, I don't like it for a few reasons. Number one, someone worked hard not only to do the model and texture work...but also took the time to learn what needed to be done to get that far.

It also puts a bad taste in people's mouths when someone legitimate comes along. My pack(s) will have an installer, with a license agreement...just like any other piece of software you would load onto your computer. When I put a pricetag on my work here, I try to keep my customer base (and their cash-flow) in mind. Since I am rather new to putting out for-pay work, I have a name to make for myself.

It has taken me over a year to get where I am with graphics (both 2D as well as 3D), that included scouring the net (and other references) for help and A LOT of trial and error. I consider myself an "Advanced Beginner" when it comes to my work.

My philosophy is to give to a community that you wish to do business with; that is why I do some free work, and help where I can. Like everyone else I have my real life and family to attend to as well. Trying to learn how to do a Boolean operation, or learn a new peice of software while my kids are running around all over the place being...well, being kids; doesn't make it any easier. But that's just the way things go, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I realize that some people on these forums are kids who think they know better, or just don't know any better when it comes to these types of things; but that is still no excuse for stealing or breaking a license agreement (which isn't optional by the way). There are also those who do know better; that's just the way things are unfortunately.

Think before you act; that's all I, or any of us, ask. I look forward to my first release, and all your comments.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:12 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 01:13
Keith you bring up a good point as well. You have to respect the time and energy involved in learning how to create these models, as well as the time and effort in actually making them.

There are entire college courses on learning 3d software, its not something you just sit down and pick up in an evening.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:16
The first time I looked at that thread, I was amazed at the amount of work done, the number of objects, and the price. I even told him that he had done too much to sell it that cheap. Just reading some of your replies has saddened me deeply. Here we are, a happy community , but some choose to take advantage of the giving and make with the taking.

In a way, I hope for this thread to be a deterant for further piracy, however my heart tells me otherwise. And for you who don't know, City Pack 1 was not the first piracy, it was the latest. Some even upload DM models while people SERIOUSLY cheer them on. I read that thread with utter discust as this guy tells the mistake' who tried to take them down, to not do so, that it was okay.

Merranvo, The Cool One
RJ is out Leave a message
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:48
You people want to talk trash about copyright problems apond 3D models
NOW? Ho for god sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have somebody on this forum who has in not so legal terms taken a character from Half-Life2 and QUAKE IV and used it in FPSC? !!! I was right about some of you oddballs all along! I told you people in other parts of this forums about con-artist (like Riker9) and the like. Why....Why would I PAY for something that I can just download from 3D modelsworld.net.com.blog.zet when I can just re-do it myself? This truly BS and I plan to report to id software and Valve about there property being used in this program. It does not matter weather or not there being used commericaly or not people!! Also I plan to make sure that NOBODY buys this bozos model pack! YOU PEOPLE AND TGC HAVE GONE TOO FAR AND IT WILL BE STOPPED! RJ

Rj
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 01:59
Try the De-Caf, Ray.

I don't think you need to make sure that "nobody" buys the pack, he has taken it off the market already.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:06
Actually, the MOD SQUAD took down the link, I just checked. The pack is still for sell.

Merranvo, The Cool One
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:11
I stand corrected

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:22
Quote: "YOU PEOPLE AND TGC HAVE GONE TOO FAR"

Did I miss something? Exactly what did TGC do?

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:24
Good. Now give me a reason NOT to report to John Carmack and Co. and Dr. Gordan Freeman to hunt down the oddball(s) for using there characters! I'm sure Raven Software would have there day in court if a QUAKEIV character was being displayed in these forums. Lee Bamber and Co. already have enough problems already I would hate to see them out of business because one of there customers were using character models out of other game companies. Case in point-3D Realms shutdown a mod who were using the Source Engine to make a Duke Nukem level with all the Duke characters in it. And these were kids 3D Realms were tring to sue!
Rj

Rj
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:25
im pretty poor so free models are nice, but if there not from a reliable source like someone scammed them and decide to give them to you for free thats what i'm afraid of. I want to make my own models and give em out for free. Is that ok... actually first i have to get the software. Does TGC actively host downloads by users, like we can sell packs through them to other users so we know its reliable, paid OR free.
Quote: ""Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them"."
HAHAHAHAHAAHAA. funny KeithC

Site in production. If you have your own tell me. I'll add it to my links
www.freewebs.com/icprod
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:26
Sometimes you have to overlook RJ, it may be that time of the month.

Probably should have said YOU PEOPLE HAVE GONE TOO FAR ...

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 02:34
Quote: ", it may be that time of the month. "

LMAO, thats not very nice... tsk, tsk.

Raymond James, please constrict your points to less agressive standpoints, this is a good thread. People who read this may see the light...

I know what you are saying, and I agree... people here don't understand what piracy is until I come knocking at their doors. Then they get in big trouble.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 03:42 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 03:43
Man, Now I finally see what fun I been missing on the FPSC boards...

It's time to own here.
*Gets busy on FPSC model packs*

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 03:45
lol Megaton

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 04:40
you know,

monster started all this, its all his fault...

<----------------------look at my avatar

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 04:43
I know, its kinda sad thar some people are selling stuff they dont have seling rights to. I myself am making a weapon pack that doesnt contain ANY of my own work except for the aniimations. But they were all ok'ed via the creators.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 05:01
Those who understand not just the legal but the moral,ethical and financial implications will refrain. Unfortunately, there will always be those who blatantly disregard this or walk the fine line.

I too am working on content for FPSC, to be sold, and naturally there are concerns over piracy. I have yet to find an ideal solution. Game content can be protected by apps like FPS Pack. Raw content on the other hand which needs to be open and accessable, simply relies on the faith that those who purchased it will respect the license agreements.

The forum mods have been doing a great job so far. They can only do so much as they have to walk an unbiased line. It is up to the community to do the rest, by pointing out (in a civil manner) when something is not right. Discouraging the use and distribution of someone elses property without permission. Whats that tagline?, "When the buying stops....".

I'm no lawyer, but from a laymans' point of view, TGC itself would not be a target for litigation, but the forum and this community itself. We have already seen it, the owners of the property contact TGC, and action is taken. What I fear is that if the forums are constantly abused, it may lead to a lot less privelages (no uploads,etc) or worse cut down to serious developers only.

So,like I said earlier. We can't stop it outright, but only do what we can to discourage and curb it. One approach, is to give out a few free models. This will be for those who either can't afford it or just want free stuff. It works a bit like, having free lite versions of software.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 05:30
Quote: "Quote: ", it may be that time of the month. "
LMAO, thats not very nice... tsk, tsk."

I realize that can be taken different ways. I usually get aggravated easily when it is the time of the month for my bath. Whether I need it or not.

I still fail to see what TGC did wrong. A little more explanation goes a long way when making accusations.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 09:12 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 09:15
Perhaps in future people developing packs should be encouraged to get official support from TGC, or at least a mod, before they can sell them here.

I think it would be unfortunate if everyone had to stop releasing models just because of a couple of idiots.

[edit] Also 3dRealms never threatened to sue the guy who was making the source mod, they asked him to stop it and he did. I'm sure they had their reasons.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 09:18
Raymond.

BIG difference... Darkmatter and CyberCafe models available in a pack, designed for developers like us.. and some media from Quake4.

ID software won't loose any money because someone got a baddie from Q4 into FPSC.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 13:14
I read that thread with utter discust as this guy tells the mistake' who tried to take them down, to not do so, that it was okay.
mmmm u mean me dont ya...
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 13:32
Just a little forethought needed.

My brother is a 3d artist - he has been for almost 8 years, and is totally self taught. He has bought books costing upwards of £100 per edition to learn the intricacies, and with that comes hours -everyday - in practice and trial and error.
To do one good model can take days - not hours. To do good segments in FPSC can also take days - great mesh, great textures, some texture baking, exporting, testing, importing into SE, testing, aligning, importing into FPSC, testing - finding it doesnt work and going through the previous steps etc.

This is a serious pastime, its not really just the cash which is the problem - it really hurts if someone takes what youve slaved over and treats it as a freebie.

Joh has some great ideas - maybe offering packs for a price, but also giving out 1 or 2 models as a freebie as a sign of goodwill to the community.

Mab

DAB Studios
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 14:40
I've decided to hold of on buying any communtiy released packs for now, it just happened too often that they've frauds.

I've bought the official Model Pack 1 released by TGC, at least that's safe.

With the mentioned Citypack 1 I already questioned and warned about it in the thread the so-called creator started about it. The rate at which this guy was creating models was unbelievable. I've been modeling for years and it's hardly impossible to create so much stuff in such a little time.

I think this is once again bad publicity for the community.... just let's add it up for a fun:

We are a 'noob unfriendly, stealing, lying and cheating, begging for help and too lazy to do anything ourselves' community of a piece of software in which the creators do not even take time to answer questions, give us insight in their future thoughts, needed bug fixes. They even refuse to openly confirm bugs and confirm that their working on a solution for the problems and shortcomings of the software.

That's pretty much how an outsider could see it and unfortunally some already do.

This community and the lack of TGC support sure isn't helping FPSC along imo....

These are my thoughts on these matters..... now back to having fun with FPSC, inspite of all these things, FPSC is still lot's and lot's of fun!!!

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 15:01
I've no idea what TGC's plans are, I have asked for some official words from the men in charge, but nothing yet.

One things for sure, it needs to change.

I doubt that TGC would vito model pack sales - but I think there's a need for a vetting system, not just for FPSC models but for anything that people expect to sell here - there should be an approval system so that TGC can check the models for authenticity.

Van-B

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 16:15
First off, BenjaminA, are you saying this community as a whole isn't benefiting FPSC? I've given out several free models, and advice. I don't believe in giving out "noob slaps", and I don't recall being condescending to anyone here. If I don't like someone, or don't agree with them, I either let them know without yelling/swearing...or I just don't post a reply at all.

How would you go about checking models for authenticity? Unless it's blatently obvious, it could be a difficult process. I would agree with having some sort of system or requirement established to advertise packs, etc; however, I would not want to wait excessive amounts of time for the people at TGC to approve it...that would cost sales and discourage people from following those guidelines.

So far the best thing I can see to go about revealing fraudulent authors, is to do exactly what is being done. Having said that, if you make an accusation, you'd better be correct. Otherwise you risk tarnishing an honest person's credibility; I believe that's called 'slander'. By watching out for frauds though, you all are helping us out a great deal; the more eyes out there the better.

It's like Joh said, it's more difficult for us as modelers to protect our materials because we can't use something to pack everything up into an executable. Having access to all the files is the whole purpose of a model pack.

This thread itself is a step in the right direction; as I said before some of us here (mainly the young) don't know they are breaking the law. We need to educate them. Of course this will not curb the majority of the theft on the net, but it can't hurt either.

-Keith

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 17:21
Keith,

You'd be surprised how often people get caught out - usually when the models are from DarkMATTER or are uploaded on 3DCafe, it's often the case that someone will recognise it. Also, when there's a lot of quality discrepencies, it raises suspicions. Like the TGC artist Simon is very good at modelling and texturing, both these skill sets take a lot of learning and when someone supposedly produces high quality work in the middle of a batch of tripe, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'd suggest that people can make a post in the showcase to show off their model pack, then someone from TGC posts there when they're happy that there's no naughtiness going on there's at least a guideline. Other than TGC taking over distribution of packs completely it is a tricky one.

Van-B

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 17:34
Maybe there could be a middle-ground here. Is there a way to post a thread that is locked to all of us, but still accesible to make additions from the TGC people? What I'm getting at here is for Rich, Simon, or whoever up there; to make a thread that is titled "TGC approved 3rd-party Packs". They could then add to the list as packs become available and are verified, without having people spam the thread.

We would still be allowed to advertise our packs as we now do, but this would help skeptical buyers in making their decision to purchase. The time it takes for TGC to approve the packs should be enough to go around to the usual places, but (as I said) not too excessive as to prohibit people from submitting their stuff to the process. I think that this could work. Increasing the library of available models FPSC ready would go a long way in increasing the user base as well; this is also true for other add-ons such as Riker 9 and FPSCPack 2.5.

Something to think about and pass up the chain.

-Keith

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 20:08
To:Lost in Thought
TGC COULD be sued by id software IF THEY keep letting copyrighted models being used for any other project in another engine. Money does not matter. Duh

To:Merranvo
Thank you.

That website VG-STUDY is very helpful.

It's Raymond Jackson by the way. No I'm not black.

3D Realms came thisclose to sueing.

To: Everyone else: Your making a fool out of yourselfs please get back to your day jobs and as for TGC get back to work. I have nothing else to say to you people. If and when my game comes out, Like it, Buy it, Hate it, then ho well.
Rj

Rj
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
it seem to me that recent event have been a valuable learning experience for us all

i have to admit that i too was caught up in the model pack hype as a good way to earn cash

however it seems to me if a lot of users who do the model packs stop concentrating on model packs and spent more time on quality game creation we may end up with something of commercial quality

i mean ok using the supplied media to make a game is all well
but just means all the games are the same

using custom media

i personelly would like to see the sale of model packs curbed not stopped just less and see more of a model exchange and a exchange of tutorials ideas and rough models

and board guidelines improved so peeps who do nick models then put there name to them are well aware that they will be punished

anyway thats my 2 cents on the subject i hope 1 day to see a community fpsc project not a team request not a excuse to run a fake company just something we can all input to to make something cool

i live in hope

any peace out
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 20:36 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 21:11
wow man...just read all this. in a word "Drama Queen".. ok, two words

The only thing TGC has done wrong is not invite me over for a beer.

you'll hear from my Attorneys,Richard.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 20:55 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 21:04
RaymondJ:

Quote: "I told you people in other parts of this forums about con-artist (like Riker9) and the like"

I'm still missing what the "con" is?

I am programming for free, giving it away with source code and a readme of the changes for free, building an exe of it for people who don't have DBPro and the Enhancement Pack for free.... what's the con?

-This...is my boomstick!
Building "Riker 9", two steps at a time.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 21:00 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 22:00
Id software won't give a flying crap about TGC unless tgc use their media for advertising, and they are not that dumb. IF someone who is REALLY stupid decides to sell a game using their media ID will go after the guy selling the game, not the creators of the engine it happens to be made in.

As for the pirating media, hopefully those morons will get whats coming to them, a nice hefty fine for every single pack they sold and their crappy websites shutdown forever.

Quote: "
RaymondJ:

Quote: "I told you people in other parts of this forums about con-artist (like Riker9) and the like"

I'm still missing what the "con" is?

I am programming for free, giving it away with source code and a readme of the changes for free, building an exe of it for people who don't have DBPro and the Enhancement Pack for free.... what's the con?"

Don't listen to him, I'm guessing he has no idea what the hell he's talking about. Keep up the good work cb!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 21:08 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 21:09
Thanks Chenak. Update your quote again, I spelled a couple of things incorrectly as well as I didn't put the "building an exe of it for people who don't have DBPro and the Enhancement Pack for Free".

Didn't want a conspiracy on our hands because I change the post from your original quote...

-This...is my boomstick!
Building "Riker 9", two steps at a time.
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 21:09 Edited at: 18th Jan 2006 21:15
Honestly, the only person id expect to throw a fit over something so insanely stupid is Steve of Arteria. Wait...he did,didnt he. Hey RJ, you arent any relation to him are you?

Quote: "
It's time to own here.
*Gets busy on FPSC model packs*
"

throw that guildhall thing in there for good measure. that'd p/o rj and steve.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
eh now whats going off rikers 9 a con surely you jest ive played 1 of darkbasic fps tests frame tests that was put for download

i have faith in cellbloc iam sure he will deliver the goods when he is good and ready give the guy a chance it aint easy reprogramming the fpsc source code

i have patient and look forward to the glorious day of the realise of rikers 9
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2006 21:21
Quote: "To:Lost in Thought
TGC COULD be sued by id software IF THEY keep letting copyrighted models being used for any other project in another engine. Money does not matter. Duh"

ID doesn't copyright their formats. So anyone can make an engine that uses their formats. Unless TGC personally released ID models with their program, ID can't sue TGC. What models have TGC released that are ID copyrighted?

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 01:30
Raymond Jackson, Sorry about that, I was typing and my fingers filled in the blanks... Happens sometimes when I am not looking.

When I made this thread, I did not realise how much disconsent there was, We can all agree that Piracy is bad, but in the vast world of online resources, what are we to do about it? How can we tell if one model pack contains models that others have? (Although the DBP Community is very much aware of model piracy, they even accused a MOD of piracy [he defended his case and won]).

Van B, I am relieved to see that these mishaps will not impare our community by much. Although the sales that will pursue before it is completely discovered will be bad (jf the pack is missed). Even FPS Mastermind, although he denys piracy, did use models from other places, with "permission" from them. But someone just discovered that, so I don't know how you would effecantly illiminate an acceptable range in piracy.

Keith, Noob Slaping is a temporary ban, not really a ban, but you go back on post aproval.

Megaton Kitty, come on down, all packs by you are welcome... even if all the models are of fat cats, it is okay... we are, understanding

Merranvo, The Cool One
SN Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 03:50
Well at my begining story level, I add a stupid video claiming all rights and how cool I am. Which everyone should do with their games and models.

American military member
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 14:50
Quote: "I doubt that TGC would vito model pack sales - but I think there's a need for a vetting system, not just for FPSC models but for anything that people expect to sell here - there should be an approval system so that TGC can check the models for authenticity.

"

I was just thinking about that, but yeah, people would be a little hard on those packs that are accidently let through some type of lookout system. Especially since it's the users alot of the time that recongnizes this bad stuff. Something like a form that you have to fill out, with contact details. But then you have to have someone in TGC check it, and it all becomes more work, work work work! All because some people couldn't behave. That makes me sick. Yes, it's very sad to look over the forum, and see all these title of threads "Free gunz pack!!! Get it while you can!!!"
Then you get exited, and look at the status of the topic, and find that it's locked, and it's pretty obvious what happened. Because of this, I'll probably wait awhile to sell anything. At least until things settle down a bit. I don't want to be blamed just because other people are giving fakes. However, I doubt that would ever happen
-Sunflash T. Mace

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 00:58
Tell me something, Are most of you just a bunch of crackheads who have no business on a computer? Rj

R.J.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 00:59
Man oh man do I hate this guy...

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 01:53 Edited at: 25th Jan 2006 01:54
Why is that RJ? You looking for friends that meet your above criteria? Or should I say, social stance?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Best just to ignore these types of posts.

Check out my site at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 07:21
Everybody loves Raymond.....

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 05:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 05:21:58