Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator vs. The 3D Gamemaker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just bought the bundle pack with DarkBasic and The 3D Gamemaker. I downloaded the demo of FPS Creator a while back and was thinking about getting that too. It says the 3D Gamemaker mainly makes shooter games. Is it better to use that to create my fps games or should I buy the FPS Creator. What are the differences. Thanks.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 01:15
There was a post on this awhile ago

FPSC is WWWWAAAYYY better, and trust me, I have both. I got the 3dgamemaker when I was 7 or 8 and at the time it was fun, but now it is just not so satisfactory. FPSC is definetly a HUGE (And I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HUGE) leap from the 3d game maker. The 3d game maker is far more limited and FPSC has way more options. Also, the level editor in the 3d game maker (which isn't really a standard thing to use) is like putting together a puzzle of blocks, no reall design.

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 02:31
To make this a little more clearer.
3D GameMaker is the original version of FPSCreator. It was done about a couple of years ago. FPSCreator is the newer version and is a much more advanced program that allows you to make FPS type games.
I would download the demo copy of FPSCreator off the website first before you buy it.
http://www.fpscreator.com
Have fun.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
SN Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:32
Don't have 3d thing, but FPS is really fun to play around with.

Signature Removed by Mod: Sig images cannot be larger than 600 x 120
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 03:55
FPSC and the 3d game maker aren't related. But FPSC is still way better.

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 04:05
@ghostman

Don't be a n00b and look at the site, FPSC totally kicks ass when the #d Gamemaker barely pokes.

Doom, Destruction, and Chaos! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 08:17
Yeah, SoulMan, FPSC and 3DGM are in no way related. 3DGM was made ages ago completely in DBC, whereas FPSC's engine was made in DBP, and the editor in C++.

FPSC is obviously better because it was created a long time after it, is more advanced, has a much improved level system (if you didn't want to use the aforementioned "puzzle block" system, you had to use the pre-made ones), and is just better all round. And 3DGM isn't better than FPSC at anything especially shooter games which you mentioned; the 3DGM shooters have infinite ammo . Anyway, get FPSC, you won't regret it.

"I hate erecting my tree, my whole family always wants to join in and all the balls fall around the place." - Zotoaster Merry Christmas!
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 09:48
3D gamemaker is the worst pile of donkey poop there is available. FPSC is awesome!

The End
Mabuggi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2006 14:28
+ you'd have to fork out a small fortune to sell anything with the 3dgm. FPSC is royalty free.

If thats the avenue your thinking of going down.

DAB Studios
SN Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2006 02:03
To make it simple.... 3D Game Maker sucks. Plus FPSC has foutains of blood, so you tell me.

Signature Removed by Mod: Sig images cannot be larger than 600 x 120
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 20:32
I have 3d gamemaker, and its for tiny little babies that havent got any teeth yet-----Was very dissapointet when i got it-- (couldnt try the Demo cause i didnt have any internet at the time )
Fpsc MUCH BETTER!

they can burn their flags, but they cant burn our pride.
mr splatface
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 22:26
the 3d gamemaker is EXTREMLY limited. some of the many bad points of it include:

* the level editing. you have to either use one of the premade levels, or paint levels on. painting it only includes one floor, no props, no nothing

* the actual program. they just lobbed a few models and functions in there and called it a program

* the licence. if you, like me, are considering game design as a career, do not use this. about the only person rich enough for the licence is bill gates, and only then if he saved his pocket money for 8 months.

and a lot of other stuff. fps creator is the better option, in almost every way EXEPT thatyou can only really make shooting games. even with that limitation, fps creator gets my highest rating ever: 50000 thumbs up.

' my cats breath smells like cats food' (ralph wiggum)
'purge your feelings' (darth vadar)
'a-ringdingding, dingadingabooowbaba a ringadingaDING,adingdingading!' (the crazy frog)
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 22:50
how much would it be to sell anything with T3DGM anyway

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 08:49
$100 for single product, $500 unlimited. Those numbers got so farmiliar to me at one time... dont buy it.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 12:37
Quote: "$100 for single product, $500 unlimited."

holey **************!That sure sucks...

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 12:45
get darkbasic pro and 3dws. do what ever you want to then no worries

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 13:51
Quote: "
* the actual program. they just lobbed a few models and functions in there and called it a program
"

It takes a little bit more than that to write a game creation system.

Quote: "
* the licence. if you, like me, are considering game design as a career, do not use this. about the only person rich enough for the licence is bill gates, and only then if he saved his pocket money for 8 months."

If you, like me, are living on planet earth, then comparing your 100 bucks to other licensing fee's is one way to make it seem cheap. Nobody in their right mind tries to sell a T3DGM game anyway, so it's hardly an issue - but let's all just remember that T3DGM is about 4 years old, written in DBClassic, aimed at kids, and is dirt cheap to buy.

Buying a product like that in order to make a game and sell it is not exactly the best mindset, if your really desperate to make and sell a game, then be prepared to program it, nobody should be buying this stuff as if it was a business investment - FFS Monopoly didn't give my real-estate business the kick start it needed, so why should anyone get rich off a game design program.

I mean, indi-FPS games must be about the toughest area to tackle, especially with so many budget classics available for £10 etc - really the indi-developers best chances are with selling 2D puzzle games to women, that's just the way it is.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 19:55
did i hear the word "woman"???
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 20:34 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 20:38
I see Chris preping to bust out his Bon Jovi lyrics again.

Put your wood away,chris.... Van B,isnt a woman.. he was merely suggesting that an indi developers best chance to do much of anything in the market is to make 2D Puzzle games for women.

You owe me,Van B. I gaurantee,chris was about to attempt to swoon you by spamming bon jovi lyrics.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 20:42
Your so funy. I can never tell why these people who are like 4 or five months younger in forum time then me bitch about me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:26:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:26:18