Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / MP: What Do You Want?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 02:59
Okay, let me say this quickly, I may work on some MP upgrades to FPSC. I want to know what is your dreams.

These "Upgrades" will not feature the core for the game, instead they will turn your computer into a server for the game, from which you can launch an instance of the game and log in, hopefully.

I am not claiming to be a DBP Super Genius, infact I am more the opposite, I just happen to see the standard code easier and faster. When I start to type something I think of ways that it is possible. One of my greatest stregths as a programmer. Doesn't mean I am right, just means that I can think of ways. Ignore most of the rambeling down there, it is mainly for me or another DBP'r who might correct my train of thought.

I will:
Make an menu command to turn FF on or off for the SERVER, yes, this means Teams. I will see of even trying to trick the server to merly SPAWN from a point, instead of splitting up the team. Easy in theory, but my gut tells me that will be harder. As FPSC really processes each plr as an enemy, it would seem simple. Need to fully see how FPSC handels it all, but that is what it appears like.

If successful with the spawn point, a timer will be added, once again, the time can be edited in the main menu of the server software.

Attempt to implement "captures", this gets harder, simple equations can tell me if the plr is in an area, but the idea with captures is that the Spawn Point Moves, and cancels the old point. It sounds okay when thinking small, but this software will have to be programmed to be unbreakable. Allowing upto 20 SPWN points which will have to be managed. And then it is how should you advance? Should it be if a plr makes it to 1? And then the defending team has to backtrack when spawning, so instead of moving forward they go backwards... But the hardest part will be training YOU on how to use it.

Add in a third weapon type (If I can figure it out) that will replace Physics Explosives with Calc Explosives. The Idea is to merly use a 3D Sphere Equation to calculate splash, unfortuanatly I need to get that, but I am great with equations. This will be one of the first things I do, and will be submitted to the local Riker9 foundation.

Automatically Revoked Dreams
Turn Physics Back On
Team Speak
MMO Capabilitys (This may come later, server software is simple. Client Interfaces are harder.)

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 03:53
Sounds great! Can you tell me how you get MP working with a custom EXE? I can't seem to do it

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 13:12 Edited at: 24th Jan 2006 13:15
- No freaking LAG!
- Team speak
- Physics
- Better frame rate for machinimakers
- Team play or CTF
- Co-op missions with online players

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 15:59
Doesn't co-op mean that the server will have to send data to each player on each enemy? I'm not sure, but wouldn't that increase lag and screw up the ai? I have never made a multiplayer game in DBPro - probally time I should.

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
Jamie Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
This sounds fantastic!! I realy can't wait.

- When you are the one hosting, have a list of the possible maps/levels to play on to choose from. Have map cycling and other options for them.

Thanks,
Jamie

Head of Yextreme Productions - Bringing games to the next level. :p
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 00:48
Quote: "- No freaking LAG!
- Team speak
- Physics
- Better frame rate for machinimakers
- Team play or CTF
- Co-op missions with online players"

Let's be realistic... no lag? Get better connexion and say that to Valve because of the lag in Counter Strike Source...

Co-Op missions? no comments...
Teamspeak? It already works... because TS is done to play the sounds always. Even over apps like FPSC.

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 01:22
my dreams for mp...blowupable objects and guns...a score system...like a ratio kills deaths..oh and faster fps...and my last and most wanted wish map cycles

The funky fresh is back in the flesh with vengence homes!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2006 01:48
How bout non-player characters?

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because the mod was so jealous of it that he couldnt bare looking at it.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2006 10:05
Please do your best to fix the 'Waiting to join' bug, and having grenades etc (ie a minimum of physics) would be a major bonus. No need to have dynamic entities though, will lag like buggery!!!

Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never known anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had - Sir Bobby Charlton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 05:27:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 05:27:10