Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Dead Horse Syndrome

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 10:14
I was wondering if I would see this happen to the FPS Creator or not.
Some years back a game development program called the Pie GCS (Game Creation System) crashed and burned in a similar way as this one seems to be headed.
And what is it with the perpetually jinxed Save\Load features in these programs? Pie GCS was around for several years and NEVER got around to fixing its Save\Load error problems.
After awhile the creator “Kevin Stokes” stopped answering e-mails or post on the user forum. Users were ignored and became frustrated. The most experienced and talented ones began to leave and finally, one day the plug was pulled and the whole thing was dead.
People who had invested all of those hours and hours of work were left high and dry. It was a really cowardly thing to do to all of those people. Me included. To just clam up and ignore everyone because Kevin wanted to do bigger and better things.
Well I can’t help but feel like TGCs are up to the same thing as Kevin Stokes and the Pie GCS. They seem to have become uninterested and or frustrated in dealing with the inevitability of bugs.
Maybe the FPS Creator is’nt the Cash Cow they thought it would be. Who knows? They do!
To me, this company spreads itself to thin among to many products to really offer anything of substance. A company needs to be there for their customers and really stand behind a product.
Customers NEED TO STAY INFORMED. NOT BE IGNORED.
Nothing personal to the users here. This is directed at TGC. You guy’s absolutely SUCK!
If this offends you then do something about it. At least pretend to give a Rat's Ass and communicate with your customers!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 12:12
TGC already has an excellent track record of maintaining their products, support for DBP has existed for years and they still continue to churn out updates. One bad experience in the past doesn't mean everyone else acts the same way. I'm locking this because it's a blatant flamebait and serves no real purpose.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 05:27:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 05:27:08