Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / the pirates cave?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 21:01 Edited at: 30th Jan 2006 22:20
just wondering what all us early adopter think to all the new users coming to this forum requesting stuff of limewire model pack piracy
and talking about getting stuff of the p2p networks

and even going so far at 1 point to upload the full version of fpsc v1 on a bittorrent link

i personally would love to see this stamped out

with better guidelines so heres a handy tool kit that new users can get on the cheap to make there own content

ac3dhttp://www.ac3d.org/

milkshape http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/

motionbuilder pe http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/motionbuilder/system_requirements.shtml

gamespace http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/

the moral of this post is if you are going to indulge in piracy crack this piece of software or that piece of software thats your own business

DONT BRING IN ON THESE FORUMS WE DONT WANT TO KNOW

as a ea user my self i am quite happy to fork out the cash because

a )that supports tgc in future updates

b) fpsc may be buggy but its still an amazing piece of software which i support 100 percent so stop whining about it if you could do better show us if not shut up

any way thats my whine over with

id like to hear the thoughts of other ea users on this topic

also if any ea user spots post fitting this description can you please post a link to it in this thread this will help us stamp this out and assist the mods

piece out

ps lets keep it clean chaps
jacko101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 21:25
Well, I'm not an early adaptor user, but I hope I can put my thoughts across as I am a fully paid up member of FPSC.

I echo your comments really, I hate piracy, I think it harmed my beloved Amiga to a point where it was impossible for it to continue, mind you Commodore didn't help matters. Software seems to have something about it that people don't think it's physical. Most people I know hate to have to buy something off the Internet, "it should all be free right?" No, of course not. And let's face it, there is plenty of quality free stuff out there anyway!

For the money, FPSC is great, needs a few additions and a few fixes, but hey, it's version 1, been out less than a year. Christ, I use Windows every day and that's buggy as hell! How long has that been around!

Without FPSC and TGC to support and upgrade it, I wouldn't be having so much fun creating games. I hope it's around for years to come.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 21:46
especially stuff like this:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70546&b=24

but, ya, i agree with you.

but theres 2 kinds of people that do that sort of stuff.

theres those that simply dont care about copyrights and others hard work,

and then theres those that simply dont know. whether any of us likes it or not, FPSC tends to attract the younger crowd, and some people think that they can be liked if they give out stuff that they bought...

but down to the facts. piracy will never be gone, but we should do something about it.

i think they should place a permanant ban on anyone posting links for or asking for pirated materials.

thats the only way in my opinion to eliminate it from these forums.

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
if any body spots a post fitting the description above regarding piracy

can you please post a link to it here so we can assist the mods in stamping this out

and remeber this is not a thread so you can flame your worst enemy this thread is intended to keep these forum piracy clean

and greater support the development of fpsc

peace out
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2006 23:56
crow, thought u gone?

Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2006 00:32
There was a guy on here not to long ago that asked if someone would send him a copy because he did not have any money!!!
RaymondJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2006 01:04
What is wrong here! You got people telling that you can break the demo to a full version, people asking for Half-Life sound effects, and people posting how to use limeware!!!!!

I swear it is a conspiracy against us legal users of FPSC!!!

Oh, and I like sheep.

RJ

R.J.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2006 22:02
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 00:18
RayJ the FagJ. Shut up. When I mimiced Monster, I did not do it soo GAY like you are doing and tried to ACT like you are RayJ, I infact hade "Merranvo in Disguise" as my Location. Get off these forums. RayJ did NOT join in 2006 and you are NOT going to get that fixed.

Jesus, Why are people ASKING ME HOW TO HACK? I posted that because I am appauld at the fact that you CAN do it. But I am NOT going to tell you how.

There are piracys going on every other day.

Merranvo, The Cool One
Noob Justice League, Cause We Have More Fun
Support Merra XJ9, cause the name is cooler.
RaymondJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 00:25
Merranvo I don't know what your talking about...

Sheep feel good!

RJ

R.J.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 01:03 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 01:12
Don't Pretend, it is really annoying.

Merranvo, The Cool One
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 01:04 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 01:09
dude can we get off this topic we all know how to remove the 30 day trial but restablishing the compile function in the demo is impossible and if anybody can do that they should be working for tgc

this thread is to stop the amount of pirate crap that is going on on these forums not bitch about how can remove the time limit or the water mark

get real people stop bitching being dick heads and lets all work together to stamp this crap out

that includes you Merranvo your a respected ea user who should be considered a guru on these forums so shut put up and work with us not against us this is not about hacking is about piracy

now lets stamp this pirate crap out on these forums dont give a toss if it happens else where lets just keep these forums clean

now lets get real people whooo raaaa
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 01:13
Quote: "restablishing the compile function in the demo is impossible and if anybody can do that they should be working for tgc"

Smiles...

Merranvo, The Cool One
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
by your cryptic response i take that means you back with the program good
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 01:21 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 01:35
[url]

Merranvo, The Cool One
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 01:21 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 01:23
Quote: "Actually, I ment, I know how. And TGC probally knows too.
"

if you know how big fat hairy deal i proberly think that tgc doesnt care

now help us out below is my contribution for the day

heres my favourite pirate quote of the day thanks to antimatter games a fake company i pressume

Quote: "Hey, post a link to limewire so i can download riker 9"
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 02:39 Edited at: 1st Feb 2006 02:41
I totaly agree with Crow

TGC has put alot of hard work in FPSC and I also support it 100%. I had to beg my mom for FPSC alot - like day after day - and she finally caved in on my 'other' birthday (she holds a diffrent one since she isn't with me on my normal one). Then and still now I am amazed with what TGC have done with this product. Wether it's buggy or not it took alot of hard work and there is nothing I know of that compares really. It makes me sick to see people wanting/trying to pirate FPSC, or any other TGC product. It also is sad that some people are using other people's work to try and make media packs for it.

And...umm..Crow, it is just kinda bugging me so I have to spit it out now...why do you add an extra space between your lines?

Anyway, FPSC is a unique product, and excells in what it is ment to do. It is just wrong to pirate it. And now that I've blabbered one of my largest posts, I'm going to shut up now

EDIT: Oh, and I was an EA user. Oops! Opened my mouth

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT
http://www.irwinsoftware.com/ww3
Screenshots on Site! Demo Coming Soon!
smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 03:26
piracy sucks and should be stopped, nice thread crow!!!

btw whats with all this I'm an Early Adopter crap... who cares!!! you want a penguin?

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=69170&b=24

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Armoured slug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 03:09
Forum users trying to stomp out piracy

Dont get me wrong, I'm totally against the dark art myself, when some of us work damn hard to get our shelves full with the beautifuly boxed software that aids us in our craft(well, mines not on the shelve, its in my bed!) anyway....

I would rather leave the piracy stompping task to those who are more in the know how, customs, the various agencys, TGC, Autodesk and every other big boy company out there.
Yeah by all means its right to report someone who is using or exchanging info on what murky web ally to stumble down for their latest fix on the dreaded drug known as warez!!!

We can rant and rave all day about it, when they appear you can flame them brutally until your fingers buckle up and your keyboard becomes 2d from so much force. Then what will they do, run to the garden and burn all their cd-rs, tell mummy they've been bad. No, they'll change there user id and keep quiet next time and no-one would know a thing!!!

It seems to me that it would only be the young ones(or those with not much sense)who would get their warez and then take part in a community dedicated to the app(even worse when its the companys own forum) and then openly write about there cracked software not working or where can they get hold of 3dsmax8 for free.

WTF am I going on about!!! must be the 24h no sleep thats turn me in to a rambling maniac and those deamons in the corner of the room dont help.

Anyway like I said we can rant on about it all day, make a mountain out of a mole hill, come on, theres not been that many on here talking about warez.

If you really want to fight the good fight in the name of TGC, then stop trying to chop off the tail end and go for the head! Its simple, find torrent sites, use search=FPScreator, you find you report, done!!!

Well its your fight and good luck.
I think we should leave it up to the software houses to deal with, and us lot should get this forum into a better community! a game designing community(Maybe Mods would come back and keep a closer eye on things?)

Ok I speak of community, but I can hear some of you saying "well Who.T.F is this" yeah I dont post much here as 1, I tend to focus more on my game design and modelling, 2, this forum reminds me a bit of Lord of the flies!lol.

Come on everyone, lets get some serious game designing done and it can be done "only a bad workman will blame his tools"
Thats stop all these pointless time consuming threads, ranting, raving, flaming,putting others down blah blah blah.

LOL...I have not been on any other game design forum yet and seen stuff like The anti-noob justice we like it deep in the brown ring stinger league. lets all get a crip and a bit of focus!!

Oh well I'm going to stop on this now as this was not the reason I was writing! Went way off topic!

Back to the piracy thing, what I wanted to say was the threat to this community is not the warez users as such, but the model pack pirates etc or people saying their a part of the community while trying to make a fast bit of money out of everyone.

You know, people downloading free models from a site then saying they've released this new pack for so much cash, just trying to take people for fools, if they were a true member of the community and wanted everyone to progress, I guess they would post a link or say they've found these online at so and so.

CROW34 - I know this is not piracy as such but it is someone trying to rip the community of....

Go check out the new Cronius Texture back in Showcase, check out the screenshots and put them to one side...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70810&b=25

Now wack another window up and go to www.psionic3d.co.uk, then head to 4free, and download yourself some nice 20seamless textures

http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/Textures

Now look at your nice new 20textures and look at Cronius $9+ texture pack......The rest is history.

And I've got to say that all the others are free of the web as well, How do I know, I've spent ages searching the web and getting a good stock of textures together...

Send the witch-hunters forth for this type of act is the real threat!!!!!!

goodnight.....
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 12:16
wow..lol

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 13:33
I've confirmed Slug's findings. I dowloaded the textures from Psionic and compared them to Salvation's "collection"; they are indeed identical (not all are from psionic, don't know where the other ones came from). This is sad.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 13:38 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2006 13:44
naughty naughty..$9.95 wtf

crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 15:36 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2006 15:43
Quote: "Send the witch-hunters forth for this type of act is the real threat!!!!!!"

mmm thanks for bringing this to our attention concerning the textures ill check it out and send a email to rich to get the post removed and the user banned if it checks out

thanks

ps we aint trying to stamp out piracy were just sick to the back teeth of newbies coming on this forum ripping folk of and giving fpsc a bad rep were trying to remove it from these forums

if it goes on else where on the internet good for them lets just keep it of these forums
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 17:17
Quote: "not all are from psionic, don't know where the other ones came from"

Limefly...

Nobody can ear you scream ... you're on a forum!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 23:17
maybe it should be an alien fighting ninja cave instead.

There are two types of people in this world: people who are extremly cool and are good at everything and people who are me.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe the mods should go through these boards and ban people for posting links to pirate downloads

but hey thats just my opinion
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 01:08
YOU WOULDNT STEAL A CAR, why6 are games any different?

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
well it seems the scumbag pirates have won it is a sad day when registered users seem to think its cool to upload there copy of fpscreator to torrents and share with pirates

this not only hurts the development of fpsc

and proves just how much of stupid morons do come on this forum

so it has happened fpscreator is now plastered all over the internet

i truly think nothing is sacred any more
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 22:48
Yeah i have spent alot of money through TGC and will continue to do so, the more we spend the more incentive for TGC to give us improved products. and who knows maybe one day I will be rich (very doubtfull cause I spend so much money here ) so I say money well spent!

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2006 22:59
i found out more illegal TGC stuff!

T3DGM is as a torrent

3DS Max7 is as a torrent!

will this ever stop?

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 01:05
Will it ever stop when people tell people where to get pyrited software? Stop posting where TGC products are being pirited or else I will report you. And I think the mods will see my points.

Crow, I think a certain comment may deter some people...

True Fact:
Just so you know, we can trace the IP of every person who "seeds" these files. If you had not already realised, many of the old time hosters don't seem to host as much anymore... we are watching, and waiting.

In fact, some of the "Torrents" as you so call them, are really traps. Just a big file with nothing in it, and once you start that download. We have your IP, your name, job, licence. The best part? It is perfectally legal.

So go ahead, take the risk and start that download. Just remeber, one of these days, we will be at the other end.
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 01:38
Merranvo stop talking out your a%%

http://www.bittorrent.com/tos.html

You agree that you will not use the Site or the Services:
To collect or store personal data about other users;
To engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission;

In the use of BitTorrents and Torrent software you agree to the License that BitTorrent has created and is held under law. So say the US Goverment was doing such thing's as you have placed they could under their own law be accountable for breaching both the Human Rights Act and the Data Protection Act. Which I believe carry some very very heavy fine's and Jail Sentances. Under NO condition can a Goverment, Company or Person collect IP information via a BitTorrent without first informing the Person they are doing so, getting a signed and court ordered letter of agreement from BitTorrent AND the Tracker to which the Torrent is coming from.

So please, understand the law before you post complete bulls***.

If what you said was true half the world would be under Lock and Key.

Also here is the link to the DMCA which would also be broken if what you said was true. Im sure you can search up the Data Protection and the Human Rights Acts if you fancy reading those too.

http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

Tal
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2006 02:44 Edited at: 15th Feb 2006 02:47
Talair, please read the section of law that deals with non-user personel. Police have the autority to collect data given that they go though the propper channels to do so a.k.a warent. So yes, what I said, they can do.

Why isn't everyone under lock and key? There are too many torents out there. Seriously, the legal system is slow, and on top of that, you can't be issued a warrent for all piriting information. For each separate "torrent" they have to get a warrent. Bit Torrent is just a downloading service, it may be legally responsible, but I belive it passes that to it's users. Sites that host illigal torrents, they claim no responsibility due to the fact that they do not regulate their content.
Can either be taken down? That I am not certain, they are using loopholes to stay up. So there may be a way to take them down... however, that is no real solution.

Baiting is very popular. Do you know that cops do patrol several fourms and chatrooms looking for illicit activitys. And according to a study done at the time of the article, the majority of online illicite activity that they recorded was pedophilia, and unfortunatly, to a large degree. Can they get a warrent to setup a torrent bait. Yes, perfectally legal.

Before you go bashing me on the legality of issues, understand the difference between the law and the user. The user has no rights and must adhere to the set guidlines, if they are found guilty of a charge regarding the software in question, every section in the softwares guidlines they broke may be used against them. In fact, many people break the TOS and EULA. Mainly because they have never read them.

The law can surpass those guidlines provided they either have permission from the owner, or permission from the court.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:21:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:21:53