Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / About collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 20:09
I know there is a script command for turnig off collision for a dynamic entity with the player, but is there any way to turn off collision for a dynamic entity with the wall segments/other entities? I have something that I need to pass through a wall/floor. I'd have to turn physics off for it though so it wouldn't fall through the floor.

Lon

[url=http://www.chiselbrain.com]
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 01:58
Lon,

Sorry I am not quite sure exactly the situation you require this to work in.

You say you want it to pass through Wall/Floor then in the next sentence suggest you dont want it to fall through the floor.

Anyway I am sure you can do what you want via a combination of static/dynamic - objects/entities and script combinations calling collision on or off when appropriate. You may have to use a trigger or something of that nature to switch on or off the collision or "activate" an entity at a particular time of collision or proximity of another if thats appropriate....Something along the lines of that kind of thinking anyway.

A couple of objects in a test level together with some messing with scripts should sort it. It can be frustrating I know trying to get some of these things to work but most things of this nature have a solution in FPSC with enough trial and error workarounds can usually be found.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 05:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 05:26:42