Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 19:32
is it possible to load a sky texture instead of that blue background??? (in 3d) it would be very useful for my game
Oliver
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 19:38
yes try this: (it was copied straight from the help)

TEXTURE BACKDROP
This command will texture the 3D backdrop using the specified image value. To map an image onto the backdrop, you can obtain an image using the GET IMAGE command and use the image as a texture. The textures are pasted onto the backdrop as two rows of 3 tiles, which create six visible textures that make up the backdrop. It is recommended you use seamless textures when texturing the backdrop. The image value should be specified using an integer value.

SYNTAX
TEXTURE BACKDROP Image Value

Though it looks nicer if you use a 'skybox', search for the tutorial.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2003 19:50
I thought texture backdrop was obsolete, either way the effect of using backdrop is not very nice because the tilling is too small for the viewport. I preffer to make a sky object.

load object "DarkMatter\3ds\skyspheres\sky01\sky01.3ds",1

If you don't have Dark Matter then sky textures are not hard to make - take a photograph of the sky and scan it / digicamera it and then apply that as a texture to a plain/cube/sphere primitive.

For wrap effects you can make the tile wrappable in the latest Paintshop Pro beta or use Adobe Photoshop. Or make a more complicated UVW map for your object primitive using a 3d modelling package.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
j4cK4zz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 12:04
ok.

i needhelp on something else now.
in my menu, i can choose what type of aim i want to use (2differents) they are called aim1$ and aim2$

im the "game:" (thing where the game is.)
i have a "gosub hud" in the game loop

and it doesn't work!!! whats wrong..
(i'm not sure if its the right code i wrote,since i dont have dbPRO on this cpu)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:19:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:19:22