Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Free-Flight Rotation and fun fun matrix4 stuff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2003 01:24
Okay, I'm programming my first multiplayer game. I'm working on vehicle physics that are independant of any axis... Now I suck at physics so i'm not following any standard formulas... Basicly the wheels push and rotate the car keeping it from hitting the ground but here's the problem...

I'm using 90% free flight rotation commands on the vehicles and this game needs to be multiplayer. When I try to get the real-world angles of the vehicles to transmit to other players using the "limb direction" commands...it doesn't work... "limb direction Z" returns 0 every time... I was thinking of writing my own free-flight rotation commands using matrix4 math so that everything is in simple XYZ angles...but i have no clue where to start... any help at all would be appritiated
--PolyVector

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:49:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:49:13