Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I want to prove these guys wrong....

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 00:55 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 01:25
Riker 9 is not alone.
Cellbloc is not the only person working on an upgrade.

Thanks to all the complainers though, everyone is clamming up until they finish.
Nobody wants all the whining, rushing, and complaining that follows the announcement of any release.

FPSC ROCKS NOW... and the future is ... whatever comes next.

Quote: "..... still my advice really is, get some good knowledge of the matter. It's really fun to dig into different engines, it helps to put things into perspective and prevents you from getting into such debates."

It didn't prevent you from getting into one, did it?

Support Your Local CE-FPSC Chapter
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 00:58
Quote: " Riker 9 is not alone.
Cellbloc is not the only person working on an upgrade."

Now you got my attention.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 01:02 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 01:04
I have my own plans for FPSC.

That's all I have to say.... good night.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 01:04
That's not fair, spit it out.....

OK, I understand, if this is something you are working on? Good Luck.

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 01:13
@Aoneweb and Benjamin A - Grow up. I was just stating a fact. He's still the only one out of you three who has released an FPSC game (or a demo) so far.

Until either of you have walk to back up your talk he'll have the upper hand in this debate.

Prove me wrong by all means, but don't flame me for making a legitimate point.

Also Benjamin A. I don't care how good you think you are. If you've won prizes, good for you , but maybe you could provide some proof.

I've also been around, but would never beat my chest like this.

It seems anyone who likes FPSC gets flamed in these forums, and I think it needs to change.

This argument is just purile garbage anyway, and should be locked imo.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 01:25 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 01:39
Did you read this?
Quote: "Nuff said, FPSC is being worked on as we speak, no one said it would not have a future, as long as improvements were made, and lets face it, the proposed update and Riker 9 are very encouraging.
I have like most started a project, and put it on hold, waiting for the update, in the meantime, we should all just get on."

Now just underline what you don't understand, and I will explain it to you.
I or Benjamin A, need prove nothing to you, you are not importent, we had allready agreed to disagree, and our argument is over.
And I have sold a game, to my wife.
We have argued our points, and have agreed that FPSC is a good program. We are looking forward to the update, riker 9 and stuff Conjured has up his sleeve, ummmm, the debate is over, if you read the above posts you would understand that.
If I were you, I would not put Benjamin A on the spot, I firmly believe you will lose that argument, even I am not that brave.
Van B makes a good point:
Quote: "
TGC are a small company, they all work from home - that's how they're able to provide powerful software so cheaply. There's no arguing that they have to keep customers happy, but to read complaints here in practically every post is beyond a joke. Seriously, if someone else fancies posting their opinion - they should read that AUP thoroughly because we're gonna have to get strict in this section. "

I think this is fair statement, we should be working on our projects, and trying to help each other out, noobs and all.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 07:34
transient, I'm not going to reply to your post at all.... until you read the other post more carefully and stop blaming us of flaming, it's not even worth replying.

We're just discussing an issue.... but it seems that you miss the whole point of the discussion anyway.

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:00 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 09:13
Its all good.
I love you guys.
I know that sounds gay, but its not.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ah, forget it.

The stinking review both praised and ragged on FPSC so we're all crazy for focusing on that review instead of making games. The review isn't worth a pimple on the backside of FPSC.

Back to work for me ... a sci-fi is calling.

Onboard
Life-Support and
Guidance
Automation

O.L.G.A. is your lifeline. Without her, neither you nor the ship could survive.
Yes, she sounds way sexier than H.A.L.
Yes, she will exist because of FPSC!
No, you don't get to shoot her.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:08
I'm glad to have you around, at least some good discussion going on when you're around

O.L.G.A..... sounds cool, I'm assuming it's a game?

MegaMusic Pack 01.... 31 original soundtracks for your games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:16 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 09:57
She is just a part of it.
Our story begins...Once you repair your damaged ship, then you will need to dock with a mother ship. OLGA is the computer system for that mother ship. She holds the log data that explains what happened to the crew....our story continues....OLGA guides you through your journey to recover the stolen payload....our story continues...space battles unfold...more battles...our hero saves the day (that's you) .... our story ends as sappy as usual (sunsets & credits). I would make the payload a Princess, but George beat me to it.

tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:24
conjured and transient:i have my opinion, had you actually read my posts you would see that i dont hate fpsc, i just think that people are using it as a short cut or easy way out to making a game and saying " wow this is the best thing on the market"...its not,one of the best things on the market for the price is dbpro,also its flawed and the reason i bought it was to prototype a project ive been working on but sadley cant do that with fpsc, it annoys me the way tgc advertised it and " polished" it up in the ea version.

conjured: why no demo???? i thought the best advertising was a demo, however it can also cripple if the game was crap ( no direct intention meant).

good luck selling your games,i hope you make loads of money from it, i myself will only be treating this as a hobby,i will leave this argument now as you just seem to be basing everything you say on " ive sold some games" rather than the actual performance and use of fpsc.

the programmer formarly known as thicko.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:27 Edited at: 9th Feb 2006 09:55
Quote: "conjured: why no demo???? i thought the best advertising was a demo, however it can also cripple if the game was crap ( no direct intention meant)."

If you want to badmouth my crap then pay your $5 first.
It doesn't hurt so bad when I am eating a banana split.

tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 10:15
clearly as proven you dont actually read posts first,and i definatly aint paying $5 for somthing that was clicked up in buggy software wainting for its creators to patch up.
so ill badmouth your crap without paying my $5 first

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 12:34
Conjured your dedication to FPSC seems pretty reassuring, but you all have valid points here and even though it sometimes was a pyromaniacs* heaven,its been quite interesting reading some of your points. Nonetheless the person who wrote that review probably had their name written in a dictionary under 'contradiction'...I like to read posts with peoples opinions on FPSC as I am interested in buying it and I like to see what problems people are having to see how the would work with my ideas.All valid points people!

* Pyromanic-someone who likes to play with fire,in case some people here didn't know.

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 12:53
i know what the person in the review means.
its more than pliable to " have fun with somthing but in the long run be dissapionted" ( not exactly his words).
i like the idea behind fpsc and what the possibilitys could be,if you were a noob and bought it off the shelf after reading the the box,then took it home,installed it,you would probably have fun with it ( as long as some of the lock up bugs didnt appear).
but then when you start to get adventourous,you would see that straight from the box you were infact limited.
if you then check out this forum youll find tools for making prefabs and stuff......although tgc do say they arent exactly ( for a better word) reliable,although they are tools used by the developers who kindly put them on here for free.
so all in all...fpsc is good, the idea is good.......the only drawback is that its just got some items missing that was originally advertised with and some bugs ( which are apparently going to be sorted out).
for now i will stick to using " another peice of software whose name i shall not mention|" and darkbasic pro ( which with ive become much better since i couldnt use fpsc ( use meaning " rely" on))

hope that clears it up.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 20:54
TO WYATTS FIRST POST: Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I dont care who you are or what you say, cuz' what you say is obsolete. With many more patches coming for FPSCreators, possible other versions in the future, and with a large collaboration of ideas from a wonderful community this company has developed, FPSCreator has unlimited possibilities.

Straight outta compton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:21:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:21:43