Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / weapon reloads automatically

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 10:33
instead of using the "R" key to reload, all my weapons reload automatically. i also tried the example in the documentation (Getting_Started05.fpm) where the manual says: "Use the 'R' key to reload your gun" but it doesn't work. what am i doing wrong? thanx for helping a beginner
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 14:34
The weapon reloads automatically when the ammo clip is completely empty, and you are carrying more ammo. The reload "R" key works when you still have a few rounds left in the clip.
In the GettingStarted05 - The Tavor has a clip of 24 rounds. Try firing just a few shots. You will see the number of rounds decrease (Top right) then press "R", the weapon should reload and the number should go back to 24.

!
Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 11:50
hi, joh
thanx for your help but that's not the whole truth. please download the demo-game "conker bunker" http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=59192&b=25 there you have to reload your weapons with "R" when they are empty even if you are still carrying more ammo. this is cool, because you always have to watch for enough bullets in your gun to be fast enough when you encounter enemies.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 15:34
Ah, so you "don't" want it to reload automatically. I misunderstood, thought you had problems using the "R" reload key. ConkerBunker was done with the early version of fpsc. Don't know if thats the difference. Could be with scripts, so you might want to dig around the scripts section of the forums.

In the meantime I'll just poke around a bit.

!
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
There was no auto reload in the EA version of FPSC.

I dont know exactly but i think if you want to remove it in V1 then you will have to change the sourcecode of the engine.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 14:09
Yep. I think you're right ctm. Should be mentioned in Feature Creep. Tried Conker Buster, it was fun not to auto reload.

!
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
realy?

I had to play the demo loads of times because of testing and balancing and found it more and more annoying to have to manually reload the weapons.

I think if the enemies are agressive enough it's more fun with autoreload.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 19:07
Well, it is dependant on gameplay and player style. When the enemy is well laid out and the action is paced nicely, it nice for that little bit of frantic dodging as you reload. If it was swarms of enemy and gungho, typical "run&gun" players, yeah needs autoreload.
Just to add to that, the number of shots it takes to put down the enemy and the time between their attacks are also factors to consider. eg One mean boss constantly attacking, which takes like 100 rounds to kill, yeah please autoreload. Compared to say, tons of slow lumbering zombies which go down easy, reloading can heighten the experience, instead of just holding the mouse button down.

peace.

!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2006 23:59
CTM... are you sure about that? I will have to check that out.
Zilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 00:20
@ctm
i just wanted to thank you for your conker bunker level. when i saw your work, i knew that fpsc is worth a try.

-cryin' out loud-
oh, my god! merranvo is checking my thread! so everything will be fine!
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
@Merranvo

No, that's what i meant with "I dont know exactly but..".

I did only a quick look into the the weapon FPEs and gunspec files.
In the gunspec file you can change the settings for reloadquantity, reloadsound and reloadanimation.

Maybe it has something to do with weapontype=X ?
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 12:09 Edited at: 11th Feb 2006 12:10
looking at the different guspecs
weapontype=X seems to be handgun=1,shotgun=2,ar=3, and so on.
Doesnt seem to be any visual difference for the play when these are changed. My guess would be that its a flag for which animation frames to use, for ai or multiplayer.

reloadquantity=0 gives you infinite ammo
reloadquantity=-1 you're just dry firing. You can use R key and reload animation play but the clip doesnt get loaded.

I wonder if you can change these on the fly,in game, with scripts?

!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 19:58
That'd be cool...... but you cant.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2006 23:04
Oh, Conker Bunker was awsome! Best FPSC game I've played so far

HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT