Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / melee not worth it!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 03:42
i know i know *expecting flames and bumps* but come on..this melee...great idea but... i mean when you miss and lets say you hit a wall you see a bullet hole...which lets face it is retarded...so lets do less melee and focus more on guns?
so basically this forum is an opinion forum... i want to hear peoples opinions on melee... keep trying or give up? post reasons and what not..

The funky fresh is back in the flesh with vengence homes!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
melees are good to conserv ammo every game that has melee is ment for conserving your amunition like silenthill even residentevil melees are good and yes its hard to animate and stuff but in the end its worth it!

Silent Hill
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:00
Maybe not melee with the guns, but I definitely would like to see a knife/crowbar/wrench (or whatever) included as a weapon. Although I think this can be done now, it is a very slow and painstaking process. Kind of like a HalfLife system, rather than a Halo.

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yhea what sarus said mainly almost every game start off with a melee and the handgun is the weakest fire arm but melees are cool! cause there are many diffrent melees

Silent Hill
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:10
i would like melee but i just hate seeing these ultra cool models then bugs like bullethole marks and cruddy animation

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:26
well, thats prolly cause the community is making them. if pros like tgc do it, why couldnt they have good anims and a scratch mark instead of a bullet hole?

Because no n00b is a good n00b.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:27
because imo and this is just my opinion .... i honestly think tgc is too lazy

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Very true! i wish the fps creator came with a melee and trees cause withought tree the player would die!lol but yhea you do have a point they do have bugs and it hard to import things in the fps i wish the maker would spend more time on it then they did cause what i think that they thought they finished it all then they forgot something lease to there worry but puts a big impact on us cause there isnt alot of models and there are lots of bugs to! i like the fps creator cause it easy but dark basic and the others are way to hard codeing is just ooooooooofff! to hard but there are good modelers and scripters out ther well i hope for the best the only reason i got the fps creator or herd of it was surfing on the internet trying to find a good game desighning program the best one is this one i guess but you do have a point!

Silent Hill
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 04:32
well yeah but i mean jeeze... if i had the modeling programs the animation programs and knew some of the basics to codding id be helping the community with all this but sadly i dont have any of that...so i pay my rl freinds to make stuff for me..but i mean tgc could fix this save and load feature in about 10 minutes if they really want to imo...they just watching us dangle in pain is what i think....
everyones always in it for the money not the work

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/bloodpoint/Bloodeath.jpg
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yhea i get trials befor i buy it like i go to this one site its called [href]www.downloads.com[/href] its good

Silent Hill
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 05:07
Quote: " because imo and this is just my opinion .... i honestly think tgc is too lazy"

They just are under-employed in my opinion. Too many projects have been started with the same small team of 5ish.

Why make sense when you could make brownies?
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yhea well we cant blame them we are just humans with 2 hands we cant do all things at once exspecialy of money. we cant just pause time it takes time to do things in life besides just siting on a sofa watching tv and eating junk food thats what lazy people do we do other things in our spare time. well i hope that at least one melees finished 100%

Silent Hill
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 06:55
Quote: "They just are under-employed in my opinion. Too many projects have been started with the same small team of 5ish."

TGC has more then 5 people, they probably have like, 50.
They don't do ALL the projects, they make deals with other companies.
for example, TGC was selling Treemagik G2. But the product is really owned by Aliencodec. You will see this alot with TGC, thats why it's good to search on Google for the other owners of the product to see if they sell it cheeper. TGC is a large company, they just have world famous engines, and unhappy customers that think because TGC is better then other companies, they owe more to the them (the customers).

When FPSC develops enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 12:24
50 people does not equal 50 programmers working on FPSC. There's plans for an update soon, it's being worked on, TGC are taking on staff at an alarming rate.

TGC are a small company, they all work from home - that's how they're able to provide powerful software so cheaply. There's no arguing that they have to keep customers happy, but to read complaints here in practically every post is beyond a joke. Seriously, if someone else fancies posting their opinion - they should read that AUP thoroughly because we're gonna have to get strict in this section.

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Van B since no one answers me what is a good cheap animation modeling program thats good

Silent Hill
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 07:32
the thing with tha bullethole, cant u just make a bullethole that looks like a cut mark, so even though it makes a bulet hole on tha wall, then it looks like a cut mark....just a thought

they can burn their flags, but they cant burn our pride.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2006 09:11
Good man Essal. Bringing it back to the original topic. Yep, I would think that would be the way to do it. I haven't looked into where exactly you specify the bullet hole type, but the texture is located in gamecore\bullethole if someone one to go try it.
Alternativley, I suppose you could also stick a decal.

!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:32:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:32:39