Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / More on the texture of models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,

Posted a post before just regarding model texture. I was told I was to download a .dds extension pack through nvidia.com which I did. Works great and everything's going well.

Just had a question about applying the textures to the characters. I'm a noob so bare with me . In the editor, when you are editing the attributes of a character entity and you apply the painted texture to the character entity, I added a mod'd dds texture and ran a test game. But for some reason, the new mod'd texture wasn't shown on the character. Is there something else I need to do to see the texture on the character? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Brad.
Joh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 01:36
Probably best way to make sure the texture you want is used, is to edit the .fpe file for that character. The .fpe file can be found where the character is stored e.g. Files\entitybank\scifi\characters

Open an .fpe file with notepad and look for the section
;visualinfo
textured = aiko_3_D2.tga

As you'll notice the file above says tga. FPSC will accept .tga and .bmp for textures and will convert to dds when you build/run a level that uses the character.

peace

!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:24:53