Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Av Puzzle V0.48 (Play testing needed)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 03:06 Edited at: 18th Jan 2023 02:10
This is latest BETA of http://www.UnderwareDesign.com's promo game for http://WWW.ARDVARC.NET

The game takes the form of a sliding picture puzzle. Your aim is to slide the jumbled up picture pieces, so as they to recreate the original picture.
The picture has one piece removed, by LEFT clicking the nearest block to any removed piece, you can slide the block into position.. To embellish this, I've added a simple element of strategy, making it a little more playable. By RIGHT clicking any tile you can swap this tile to it's final
destination. But you only have a limit number of swaps, which is where the strategy comes into it..

While it's a simple game, I've tried to present it the best I can. Most of which of is through the use our Psprite library and their action events. It almost makes things too easy. Although sometimes some odd logic bugs pop up.. Normally when you do dumb things like assume something is free.. The main features of this would Object Selection, Resolution and Frame rate independent.. and well that's about it really..

CONTROLLS:
============

F1 = Toggle KEY information

F2 = Quit game back to menu

SPACE = Lock/Unlock camera

in game CONTROLLS
=================

MOUSE Button 1 = Slide Block
MOUSE Button 2 = Swap Block

MISSING STUFF
==============

* MUSIC

* SOUND FX (some effects in - need more)

* GFX - (All ART is place holder basically)

* MORE GAME PLAY IDEAS !

FEEDBACK WANTED
=================

If you have ANY, and I mean ANY ideas for additions to this project, well speak now or forever hold your peace

BETA DOWNLOAD: (pics also)
==============

Sorry old dead links have been removed..
http://www.UnderwareDesign.com

PlayBASIC To HTML5/WEB - Convert PlayBASIC To Machine Code
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 06:28
oh oh oh ... a new beta test

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 18:26 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 15:38
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 18:59
i'm bored... thats probably the general ghist
i see alot of these things on RGT well before here, always feels like an event when we're finally given a taster.

Do you know how true to real-life this is becomming, RGT gets alot of beta software and stuff shown off first there ... and a few weeks down the line it finally trickles into here as some sorta afternote.

I mean that really is the US -> UK games scene in a nutshell isn't it. :: sighs :: i hate sad life commentaries

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 08:43:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 08:43:19