Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / An error I have never seen before.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working on my game again as a result of getting input from Jikito on the forum. I have a level that I have had working on.

I got a new PC and moved the entire folder called "files" from my old PC to the new one. I renamed the folder that was there. I have done this before and it worked great.

This time however, when I try to run a test game it gets to the "[320] Initialising Entities..." and gives me the following error.

"Runtime Error 118 - Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 4952"

When I click the ok button it gives me the following error.

"The application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info: 0 0"

I am not using checkpoints.

Any Ideas?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 16:01 Edited at: 12th Feb 2006 16:03
I have seen people report problems, when installing FPSC for the first time, it has been suggested that you uninstall, then reinstall the CD, this has helped alot of people on this forum, WHY, I don’t know.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 17:01
i wouldent replace ALL the files...

just go to entitybank, copy what you need, texture bank, copy what you need, mesh bank, copy what you need...etc.

i just reinstalled xp, and this worked fine for me. i dont think its a good idea to replace evrything, because there are also editor files in that folder.

if that doesnt work, i suggest deleeting your dbo and bin files.

Wyatt Earp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 18:10 Edited at: 12th Feb 2006 18:10
Clean up all the temp files (.dll) in your user directories on your PC in relation to FPS. I played with FPSC for 2 months and had 5 megs of this garbage. Clean it up or else your new installed version will use these temp files again and does not write over them.

Hope that helps!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2006 19:50 Edited at: 12th Feb 2006 19:55
This is why I suggest to everyone to create USER folders in the FPSC ones.
Then backing up, or retrieving your files, without copying everything is a snap.

I would do what Bullshock suggested.
Only copy over the Media that you had created and let FPSC install on its own.

Wyatt Earp is giving a good heads up too.
I ran into a temp file thing when it had finally filled every nook and cranny of my hard drive.
You need to delete those things manually it seems, but that's no big deal once you know about it.

Don't forget to visit http://www.conjured.us/

Support Your Local CE-FPSC Chapter
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I reinstalled FPSC and migrated just the things that I added and modified and I get the same error.

Wyatt Earp,
Where are these temp files located?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 07:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 07:29:19