Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PeaGuy!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 20:22
Hi everybody. Thought it was time to post some screenshots from my PeaGuy-game. The game-engine and almost all media is finished. The only major thing that remains now is leveldesign. Here is a few screenshots from a little sample level. It doesn't contain any enemies as the there is a little modeling work left to do with them.

Anyway:

I've been trying to make the weapons as "cartoonish" as possible. On these shots you only see two though, the Bouncy Laser and the Fast Shooty.

Any comments?
I didn't steal it!
WarWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 21:02
Oops, the images is a little low-quality. Whatever. Better than BMP =)

I didn't steal it!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 21:54
The game is very dark and the shots are way too big. I hope your game can run in smaler resolution cause others like me can't run in that resolution. If I run in more then 1024x768 my monitor starts to flicker.

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 22:16
Ahh good old interlacing eh DG, gotta love it for that impromptu head-ache.

Well from the screenies i'd say youve produced a lot of primitive shapes in a high resolution, sadly from the pictures that's about all I can say.

Thankfully, gameplay is more important than graphics and smoothness helps - with primitive constructs for the level I should imagine you are getting very fast framerates so i'm guessing this is smooth to play ?

I hope so because there are precious few good FPS games in DB, yet so easy to write I would like to see more of them.

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
WarWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 22:28
DG:
It will be able to run in a smaller resolution, ofcourse. And about the darkness, it's just a test-level, you can make it brighter if you want to.

Dryll:
Yep, almost only primitives for the level. I'm finetuning some objects though (mainly the enemies and the weapons). The environment is mainly in a big castle, so other objects than boxes wont be too necessary. The high resolution was not intentional, I was running it in window-fullscreen mode, thats why.

About the framerate, I get between 150-300 FPS on my Celeron 633 with a GeForce 2 MX in this resolution, so Yes, the framerate is very fast.

I didn't steal it!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2003 23:04
PD:
I get interlacing in 640x480, in higher then 1024x768 it screen sreally flickers and it's really annoying for the eyes to look at. Not to mention how crappy this monitor is in the other resolutions too, but at least they are ok in 85Hz. Can't wait till I buy my Dell laptop with an incredible sharp 1600x1200 screen =)

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:00:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:00:14